PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MinnesotaSlim
12-20-2002, 10:54 AM
Has anyone seen Two Towers yet? I will be going sometime next week. I really don't want to know anything that happens in the film, I just want to know how you liked it.

TomBrooklyn
12-22-2002, 09:25 AM
Didn't see it but I read the Hobbit Trilogy a long time ago and liked it a lot.

silverbullet
12-22-2002, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MinnesotaSlim:</font><hr> Has anyone seen Two Towers yet? I will be going sometime next week. I really don't want to know anything that happens in the film, I just want to know how you liked it.

<hr /></blockquote>

My brother has two free tickets. Since his wife wont go he is taking me next week. ka zam!!!!

blu

Robert Pirrazzi
12-22-2002, 05:20 PM
I saw Two Towers on Friday, and it was simply awesome. It was even better than the first one. Bob

Fred Agnir
12-23-2002, 12:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Didn't see it but I read the Hobbit Trilogy a long time ago and liked it a lot. <hr /></blockquote>
I thought I already posted this, but...

I loved it. It deviated from the book more than the first (as far as what was actually shown), but it was all excusable.

Fred &lt;~~~ thinks the omission of Bombadihl was the right move.

MikeM
12-27-2002, 10:04 AM
I finally saw it last night. I Loved It! I first read the trilogy when I was twelve and have read it countless times since, so I consider myself a huge Tolkien fan. I think The Two Towers blows away The Fellowship Of The Ring, and I loved that one too. Peter Jackson really nailed some of the charcters, especially Gollum. The battle scenes are incredible. Even at three hours long I wanted more. I can't wait until next year for The Return Of The King!

MM

MikeM
12-27-2002, 10:07 AM
Fred,

Tolkien should have omitted Bombadil as well. He doesn't really fit into the whole scheme of things very well. He didn't really serve a purpose other than to get the Hobbits out of a couple of jams. It also creates one of the minor anomalies in the trilogy - Treebeard and Bombadil are both said to be the first creature on Middle Earth.

MM...nitpicking

Kato
12-27-2002, 10:07 AM
Mike, I tried to read The Two Towers several years ago and it hurt my brain. Maybe I shoulda read them in order. Kinda soured me on the whole Lord of the Rings thing.

Kato

Fred Agnir
12-27-2002, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Mike, I tried to read The Two Towers several years ago and it hurt my brain. Maybe I shoulda read them in order. Kinda soured me on the whole Lord of the Rings thing.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

LOL!! My wife was dying to know how it ends without reading the book. So, I popped in the DVD of Bakshi's animated Lord of the Rings starting with the Departure of Boromir battle scene ending with the battle at Helm's Deep. Then, I popped in the animated version of Return of the King to finish it off.

The Lord of the Rings animation is an unfinished work as Bakshi (Heavy Metal) never was able to do the second movie. Anyone who sees it recognizes just how much Peter Jackson has taken directly from this cartoon. Many scenes are virtually identical.

The Return of the King animation was made as if there were two other movies, but there weren't. I think it was made specifically to put a much needed end to the Bakshi animation. ROK was done by the same outfit that did The Hobbit movie, IIRC. It contains entirely too much singing, the same complaint I have about the book.

Fred