PDA

View Full Version : Pool, The Holiday Season and Your "S.O.":

rackmup
12-22-2002, 12:00 PM
Yes, it is the holiday season, just two days before Christmas and we are all running around like that SL/3 trying to catch up to that cueball he just jumped off the table.

The malls are packed, the airports are jammed and the relatives are flying in and driving in from all over the country to spend the holidays with you and your families.

There are meals to be cooked, pies to be baked and presents to be wrapped, not to mention those frustrating gifts that need to be assembled!

We have to clean the house, clean up the yard, straighten the Christmas tree and ensure all of the bulbs are burning brightly.

Some will have snow to clear from their driveways to allow safe passage to their homes while others in the west will simply have to decide which pair of shorts to wear on Christmas day.

During all of this "Holiday Hustle", let's not forget our "Significant Other" (S.O.). She is there for us each and everyday. Through thick and thin, our S.O.'s are there beside us. During this busy time of year, let's not forget to recognize the single thing on this earth that makes our days brighter, our smiles broader and life a better place to be.

Don't shove your S.O. into a corner while you wrap gifts, bake hams or to entertain Uncle Ted from Nebraska. Instead, grab your S.O. and take her out to your favorite spot. The one you both enjoy. The one where the cloth is smooth, the balls are clean and the chalk is new.

Put that S.O. together and chalk her tip. Now, smash her into a rack of balls and go about your business like it was the first day the two of you ever walked into a pool hall together.

Yes, I'm talking about your pool cue. She has brought you pleasure. Now is the time to give some back.

Sure, most places will be closed on Christmas day. Others however, recognize the need to provide sanctuary for the hopeless romantics, whose love affairs with their cues have never dimmed.

Billy Weir's Sky-High Billiards in Fort Worth, Texas is one of those places who make time to open their doors for those in need of nurturing their relationships on Christmas day.

God bless them. Uncle Ted can wait.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Regards,

Ken

Cueless Joey
12-22-2002, 12:05 PM
Well said Kenny. You SO also gives you unconditional love.
Playing pool on X-mas day, that is truely a tradition that needs to be started. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

silverbullet
12-22-2002, 12:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Well said Kenny. You SO also gives you unconditional love.
Playing pool on X-mas day, that is truely a tradition that needs to be started. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Does ken mean his dog??? Or his cue????

blu

OnePocketChamp
12-22-2002, 12:59 PM
My SO will met your SO at Bily Wiers on Christmas Day and to rejoice in this Holiday Season - how about a nickle a game? Maybe 10-7 just because its Christmas.

Icon of Sin
12-22-2002, 01:24 PM
Funny, my fiancee is getting me a new Significant Other for Christmas /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
12-22-2002, 09:20 PM
MY old s.o. is a Meucci (retired)

MY present s.o. is a Joss (soon to be retired after the DCC)

My "soon to be" s.o. is an OMEN custom cue.. a relationship that I am sure will last.

Voodoo Daddy
12-23-2002, 04:01 AM
That OMEN cue will be the "hussy" that puts all your other /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif S.O.'s in the closet!!!

Rich R.
12-23-2002, 06:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> That OMEN cue will be the "hussy" that puts all your other /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif S.O.'s in the closet!!! <hr /></blockquote>
My main S.O. is currently a Scruggs, but I have a new mistress, the Omen jump/break cue, and it is a "hussy". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
12-23-2002, 12:53 PM
I'll be at the pool room at 7 p.m. Bank on it.

Kato~~~never misses a holiday