PDA

View Full Version : Connelly Table

12-22-2002, 04:58 PM
I just got delivery of a new 9' Connelly table. I am just noticing that there are soft spots or "dimples" on various parts of the table. Most spots are 1/4 " from the diamonds. I noticed this when the ball is near one of thes spots, the ball will actually move.
The table is level but there appears to be some kind of soft spot under the felt- it is the size of a small button. Today, I also noticed that there are two of these spots toward the middle of the table- sometimes when the ball rolls over the spot, the ball will actually jump.
Can anyone please help me with this. I never expected to have this kind of problem. The slate is Italian slate and should be first quality. I have Simonis 860 cloth.
Thank you for any help.

John

Barbara
12-22-2002, 05:10 PM
Well, it sounds like the person who set up your table didn't fill in the screw holes. This is not good at all. The slates edges were probably not filled, either. Can you feel where one slate ends and the other begins?

You'll have to call him back out to take the cloth off and fill in the holes and the slate seams. I would call Connelly and tell them about this. If you bought this table from a Connelly dealer, then they should have a qualified person to set this table up for you and the set-up guy gets paid for this.

Barbara

12-23-2002, 01:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljba:</font><hr> I just got delivery of a new 9' Connelly table. I am just noticing that there are soft spots or "dimples" on various parts of the table. Most spots are 1/4 " from the diamonds. I noticed this when the ball is near one of thes spots, the ball will actually move.
The table is level but there appears to be some kind of soft spot under the felt- it is the size of a small button. Today, I also noticed that there are two of these spots toward the middle of the table- sometimes when the ball rolls over the spot, the ball will actually jump.
Can anyone please help me with this. I never expected to have this kind of problem. The slate is Italian slate and should be first quality. I have Simonis 860 cloth.
Thank you for any help.

John <hr /></blockquote>

depending upon what kind of table you have, there may be some bolt-holes unfilled under the cushions but they will never effect the balls in play. if you've got some kind of dents out in the middle of the table then you've got cause to get at your mechanic.

dan