PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge-Super Billiard Expo!

CarolNYC
12-23-2002, 06:42 AM
http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/
It seems the website containing some info of whats going on in mArch for the expo is listed-just thought some may want to check it out!
Merry Xmas ALL!
Carol:):):)

9 Ball Girl
12-23-2002, 09:50 AM
I'll be there! I've already made my hotel reservations but the hotel people still don't know what rate they're going to charge me yet. When I mentioned that I was going to be in town for the Super Billiards Expo, they said "Oh, we got another one!"

Rich R.
12-23-2002, 10:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/
It seems the website containing some info of whats going on in mArch for the expo is listed-just thought some may want to check it out!
Merry Xmas ALL!
Carol:):):) <hr /></blockquote>
Unfortunately, there is not much in the way of updated information on their website. Updates come very slowly.
But thanks anyway.

DEADSTOKE32
12-24-2002, 08:42 PM
I need 2 know were 2 sign up so i can play .And were is the cheep hotel's out there.. And I'm lookin 4 some fun ....or something...be there friday morning or thursday nite..depend's on how fast I drive....... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
so look out for speeders.it's me.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-24-2002, 09:40 PM
Nearby hotels - http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/hotels.html
Amateur Forms - http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/amateurevents.html

Hope this helps!

DEADSTOKE32
12-25-2002, 01:59 PM
Hey thanks for the info ..I hope 2 see ya there.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-26-2002, 07:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DEADSTOKE32:</font><hr> .And were is the cheep hotel's out there.. <hr /></blockquote>

I stayed at Motel 6 about a half-mile away. It's nice and was about $60 night IIRC.

9 Ball Girl
12-26-2002, 09:31 AM
Wally! Will I be seeing you there?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-26-2002, 10:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Wally! Will I be seeing you there?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif <hr /></blockquote>

'fraid not /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif fiscal issues ya know

I could change my mind. If the WPBA is not there I definitely will not go.

Barbara
12-26-2002, 10:21 AM
Wally,

There is going to be some kind of competition with 8 WPBA players. What kind/game/format, I do not know. Dawn did not go into details.

Barbara~~~will be chained to the amateur tournament desk for the duration... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-26-2002, 11:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Wally,

There is going to be some kind of competition with 8 WPBA players. What kind/game/format, I do not know. Dawn did not go into details.<hr /></blockquote>

That sounds better than nothing.

Well I guess this thread is as good of a place as any to tell this story.

Back when Dawn Hopkins was sponsored by Viking she used to write a monthly column at www.vikingcue.com (http://www.vikingcue.com) . I always read it and I picked up a few good tips from it. I sent for an autographed pic back then and I wrote her a short note saying how I liked her column and her ESPN work and blah, blah....

I got the pic in the mail and it was an unusual size (10 x 7) so I never got around to finding a frame and cutting a mat and everything. Well last week I happened to be at Michael's and I found a frame to fit it. I took it home, cut a mat for it and when I flipped it over in the frame there was a note on the back:

"Wallace,
Thank you so much for your kind note. I'm glad I was able to help you with your game.
Dawn"

LOL I had never noticed that note until then. If I had I certainly would have framed it sooner /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Now I only wish I had another one so I could display the front and the back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

She seems like a nice lady.

TomBrooklyn
12-26-2002, 05:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I could change my mind. If the WPBA is not there... <hr /></blockquote>Dawn Hopkins will be there.

Vagabond
12-26-2002, 05:49 PM
Howdy Wally,
She is a Gemini and Geminis in general are good people and Dawn in particular.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
12-26-2002, 06:39 PM
Dawn originally founded one of the WPBA's first Regional Tours. Jeanette Lee cut her teeth with the "Ladies Tri-State Tour" to go on to the WPBA.

To this day, NEWT has sent more players to become Touring Pros in the WPBA than any other tour. Here are some of the names I could come up with since I've been playing with NEWT:

Karen Corr
Romana Dokovic
Jeanette Lee
Dawn Hopkins
Julie Kelly
Nicole Mancini
Candi Rego
Megan Smith Minerich
Linda Shea

And there are whole lot of other players that passed through our tour to win Qs - some did, some didn't.

But Dawn started it all, and she was the most approachable player there was and still is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

Barbara~~~waaaaay below the points radar screen....

CarolNYC
12-27-2002, 03:15 AM
ABSOLUTELY-
Dawn is a GREAT person,so down to earth and humble-just unbelievable! As for Barb saying way below the radar screen,if you knew what Barb does just to RUN a regional tour,believe me,you wouldnt believe it!
Girls, appreciation for all that is done is accepted-even just a THANK YOU!
Carol~Barb "the Goddess in disguise"

nAz
12-27-2002, 03:24 AM
hey Carol will you be at the door again? Its nice to see a familiar face before you step into that huge place.
oh and can ya stamp me again?
i like when you stamp me hehe /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

silverbullet
12-27-2002, 06:12 AM
Is this 9-ball on a bar box? Since I am worse at 9-ball than 8, think I would need a 9 foot. Seems like all pool is easier on a 9-foot.

well ww an i want to come just to meet people and socialize.so dont guess i need to play as there is plenty other stuff to do /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

maybe i just like being tortured. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

bw

Fred Agnir
12-27-2002, 08:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/
Merry Xmas ALL!
For some odd reason, I tell myself every year that I'm going to play the amateur event. And every year, I don't. Well, this year is a different year. I even got my hotel room early.

Fred

TomBrooklyn
12-27-2002, 09:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr>Since I am worse at 9-ball than 8, think I would need a 9 foot. Seems like all pool is easier on a 9-foot.<hr /></blockquote>Why don't you try a 5 by 10 foot table? You ought to find that really easy!

=TB

CarolNYC
12-27-2002, 10:23 AM
Hi Fred, You know where I'll be then!:)
Carol~pool Gods all over you!

CarolNYC
12-27-2002, 10:26 AM
If I am, you betcha I'll stamp you:)
Stay well,
Carol

9 Ball Girl
12-27-2002, 11:32 AM
Stamp him on his forehead with this: http://animations.fg-a.com/en_01.gif

Wendy~~will be staying at the McIntosh /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

silverbullet
12-27-2002, 01:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/
Merry Xmas ALL!
For some odd reason, I tell myself every year that I'm going to play the amateur event. And every year, I don't. Well, this year is a different year. I even got my hotel room early.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

good thing. i called today to reserve and the motel attached to the expo was booked. we got the sheraton down the road which has a bar and tables in it. it is all good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bw

silverbullet
12-27-2002, 01:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr>Since I am worse at 9-ball than 8, think I would need a 9 foot. Seems like all pool is easier on a 9-foot.<hr /></blockquote>Why don't you try a 5 by 10 foot table? You ought to find that really easy!

=TB <hr /></blockquote>

i dont know what it is Tom, but today, all of your posts are making me laugh. You have got one kool sense of humor dude.

bw

Barbara
12-27-2002, 08:27 PM
And I expect to see you handing in that score card sheet after each and every round!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
12-28-2002, 04:00 AM
Ha Ha Ha,
Make one up Wendy and I'll stamp him with it!ha ha ha
And,hey, the Mcintosh is good-close-good for you!
Carol:)

CarolNYC
12-28-2002, 04:07 AM
Oh Barb, With me sweating him and making sure no one sharks him,WHEN,and I repeat WHEN he wins, like,I'm not going to run up and tell you?ha ha ha ha
Carol~already drinking ENERGY shakes-like I need them!ha ha aha

CarolNYC
12-28-2002, 04:12 AM
Hey Rich,
It'll be updated,believe me, and try to come,if you can-I know you like to see the women and you,Cathy and Kiana ALWAYS get on ESPN,ha ha ha, but the VENDORS alone is one of the greatest things going on-you know what I mean-there is everything and anything referring to pool-I personally love it!
Carol~will hope!:)