PDA

View Full Version : Pool on TV. Could this be true?

Harold Acosta
12-23-2002, 10:07 PM
ESPN2
Sun, December 29 11:00 AM
2002 Mosconi Cup

ESPN2
Sun, December 29 12:00 PM
2002 Mosconi Cup

ESPN2
Sun, December 29 01:00 PM
2002 Mosconi Cup

We will have to wait and see....

9 Ball Girl
12-23-2002, 11:03 PM
Harold, you may just be right! This is what I found on my ESPN/ESPN2 for me in Brooklyn for 12/29 all EST:

1:00 PM Channel 36 ESPN Sunday, 12/29
Pool
Women's Tournament of Champions
60 min.
A Women's Tournament of Champions semifinal in Uncasville, Conn. (VCR Plus+ 609165)

and hopefully

2:00 PM Channel 35 ESPN2 Sunday, 29
Pool
Mosconi Cup
60 min.
The Mosconi Cup, a team competition between the U.S. and Europe. (VCR Plus+ 2157707)

Additional Airings
Date Time Channel VCR Plus+
Sunday, 29 3:00 PM 35 ESPN2 5064879
Sunday, 29 4:00 PM 35 ESPN2 6519964
Sunday, 29 5:00 PM 35 ESPN2 8733078

CarolNYC
12-24-2002, 05:02 AM
Hey Wendy&Harold,
So far the ESPN schedules have been correct!EST time-
Th WPBA NY Classic at Amsterdam once again, will be:
Dec. 28th-6:30 pm
Dec.30th-9:00 pm
FELIZ NAVIDAD Y PROSPERO ANO NUEVO to you both!
Peace!
Carol

Rich R.
12-24-2002, 05:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>

Additional Airings
Date Time Channel VCR Plus+
Sunday, 29 3:00 PM 35 ESPN2 5064879
Sunday, 29 4:00 PM 35 ESPN2 6519964
Sunday, 29 5:00 PM 35 ESPN2 8733078 [/b] <hr /></blockquote>
Wendy, that is not additional airings of the same show. They are suppose to be having 4 straight hours of coverage comprised of highlights of the Mosconi Cup.
Be sure to tape all 4 hours.

Vagabond
12-24-2002, 06:22 AM
howdy folks,
The British promoter knows how to promote the game.In 1994-95 he offered to help promote the game in this country but Mr.Mackey played hard ball with the Brit and Brit did not show any interest after that.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-24-2002, 11:30 AM
Thanks Carol and Mele Kalikimaka and Hau`oli Makahiki Hou.

Wendy~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-24-2002, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up Rich!

WesK
12-24-2002, 11:43 AM
Damn, Wendy.

I was just going to post the exact same thing... aloha.

wes

cuechick
12-24-2002, 05:45 PM
WOW! It looks like we have our own SUPER Bowl SUNDAY!!

CarolNYC
12-25-2002, 05:00 AM
Wendy&amp;Wesk,
That was VERY cool, so now I say"
Ho-E Ku`u hoaaloha,aloha kakahiaka
Mahalo nui
A Hui Hou!
(Wow,good morning my friend,thank you very much,until we meet again!
Now for a little humor,
My friend,real Brooklyn accent,calls me and says:
"Yo,how the hell are ya! Merry friggin Xmas!"
Then,friend from South Carolina calls(real southern accent) and says:
"Hi y'all,hope you and your family are fine and Im just calling to wish you a Merry Xmas-say Hi to the family"
Boy, what difference-but it all means the same to me-
Merry Xmas to EVERYONE!
God bless you all!
Peacing,
Carol~Wendy,that was cool!:):):):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
12-26-2002, 04:34 AM
Good morning Rich,
Just wondering if you caught the NY Classic WPBA at Amsterdam on ESPN on the 23rd at 9;00 pm?(I missed it,sisters birthday) I watched and taped Belinda and Allison on the 16th-the next, as I said, is the 28th and 30th!
Hope your Xmas was wonderful-love to Cathy!
Carol

CarolNYC
12-26-2002, 04:56 PM
Rich,
are you out there?
Carol:)

snipershot
12-26-2002, 05:22 PM
living in canada I don't get espn, and although I frequently get pool on T.V, I don't think that it is televised enough, anybody who loves to play pool loves to watch it as well, anything nationally televised seems to receive great ratings, so why isn't there more televised pool?

happy viewing in the future!

Wally_in_Cincy
12-27-2002, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote snipershot:</font><hr> living in canada I don't get espn, and although I frequently get pool on T.V, I don't think that it is televised enough, anybody who loves to play pool loves to watch it as well, anything nationally televised seems to receive great ratings, so <font color="red">why isn't there more televised pool?</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Can't answer that question.

Do you get highlights of the WPC, World Pool League, and Mosconi Cup? If so you get a lot more than we do in the states.

CarolNYC
12-28-2002, 05:11 AM
Harold,
This evening WPBA NY Classic at 6:30 EST. time should be aired-Tony is to the left of players seating! Your message was delivered as asked!
Hope ESPN time schedules are correct!

Rich R.
12-28-2002, 08:52 AM
Good morning Carol,
Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. I'm on vacation and for some unknown reason, I don't get to read this board as much when I'm not at work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I tape all the ESPN(2) pool events and watch them when I can. I have seen the two semi final matches at Amsterdam. I've been checking the crowd, looking for you, but I have not seen you yet. Where were you sitting?
I did see Nostroke, in the front row. Who does he know? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I will be looking for you again, when the final match airs.

Our X-mas was very nice and I hope yours was too. Now, I'm looking forward to a new year of good friends and pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Hope to see you soon. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CarolNYC
12-29-2002, 05:04 AM
Snipershot,
Do you have cable? Or maybe you need satellite!I do not understand why Canada would not be able to get televised pool mayches!
Im feel sorry!
Carol:(~watches espn on cable

jjinfla
12-29-2002, 08:22 AM
Really GREAT post Harold. AZB told me of the 1pmET telecast on ESPN but failed to inform me of the ESPN2 telecast from 2pm to 6pmET. Looks like I will have 5 straight hours of pool this afternoon. Let's see, I can be at the package store at noon, when they open, and pick up some beer. Then run over and pick up a frozen pizza and I should be home in plenty of time to relax in front of the TV. Now if I could only remember where I put that "Do Not Disturb Sign". Jake~~~how come nobody knew about this telecast? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheesemouse
12-29-2002, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> how come nobody knew about this telecast? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The info has been on this board for atleast a month now, you really have been out of touch... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
12-30-2002, 06:08 AM
Good morning Rich,
I know you are a very busy couple-good for you,ha ha ha-places to go,people to see,money to spend,ha ha ha-yes,thank-you,had a wonderful Xmas and am happy you did too!
Okay,this evening at 9:00 pm EST. time is the finals-to the left of the players seats,Tony is right there,Im one row up from him-FINALLY,made it to ESPN ha ha ha ha-
love you guys!
Stay well and Happy New Year!

Rich R.
12-30-2002, 09:00 AM
Thanks Carol, I will look for you again. I saw Tony, but I must have missed you.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Popcorn
12-30-2002, 01:07 PM
They really know how to do it. I was over there and snooker is on sometimes on tv 8 hours a day live. The tournaments I attended were great. The cameras were not in the players faces, the whole layout was well done. Us promoters could take a lesson from them. I was at the tournament at Crucible in Sheffield, it was amazing. I never attended a tournament in the US to equal that. Over 2 million in prize money, where does all that money come from?