PDA

View Full Version : everyon rejoice!!!

03-11-2002, 09:25 PM
in a challenge set by hal houle on playpool.com i have revealed his ever so secret aiming system. just look for the post made by ted kimmel.

TomBrooklyn
03-11-2002, 10:04 PM
Hopefully Mr. Kimmel doesn't mind his edited work being reproduced here for the convenient self aggrandizement of the CCB readers:<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Ted Kimmel:</font><hr>Mr. Hal Houle pool enthusiast extraordinaire, and disseminator of the much talked about "consistent and accurate aiming system" asked me why I didn't share the system I learned from Mr. Frank "The Barber" Almanza, ... so here goes:

On every shot you take...the center of the cue ball is always aimed at either the left or right edge of the object ball depending on which way your cutting. Now, if you are cutting the ball to the left and it's a small angle, aim the center of the cue ball to the right edge of the object ball while your tip is to the right of center... right english... anywhere on the right, doesn't matter where. Once you have aimed the center of the cue ball to the edge... with your BACKHAND pivot the cue back to the center of the object ball. You now have perfect aim. If the angle is larger and the cut is more severe, aim the center of the cue ball to the same edge of the object ball with LEFT ENGLISH and then pivot the cue tip back to center. Now with practice, you'll learn what type of english to aim with. Severe angles call for inside english when aiming and smaller, easier angles call for outside english.

After you aim at the edge of the object ball, all you have to do is pivot back to the center of the cue ball and you have your aim. Then you can hit with backhand english. Don't understand any of this? Post your replies with inquiries and I'll e-mail you a freakin' diagram. This is an easy system which a lot of top notch players use. It does work, but aiming the center to the edge is sometimes as difficult as aiming at a contact point from eight to nine feet away. Good shooting.<hr></blockquote>

03-11-2002, 10:38 PM
Post deleted by kimmel

cheesemouse
03-11-2002, 10:42 PM
Haven't you heard. Hal is now an on board ship pool instructor on Fantasy Cruise Lines. His ad reads no adjustments required until swells reach 10 feet and winds exceed gale force............Sorry...couldn't resist /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

CarolNYC
03-12-2002, 05:28 AM
Hi,
I dont know if you've ever spoken with Mr. Hal Houle, but the man knows his ####! As a matter of fact, I've used this system and it WORKS! How it got out on the web, Im not sure-its none of my business, but is there anyone else out there that actually SHOWS you an aiming system? And Hal Houle is a gentlemen and very kind person and has the patience of a saint! Thankyou!
Carol

Chris Cass
03-12-2002, 06:21 AM
Hi Carol,
#### Leonard?
C.C.~~oops

CarolNYC
03-12-2002, 10:08 AM
Hello there my "jumping mantra",
/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif LMAO-good oops!
love,
CArol

03-12-2002, 02:26 PM
Yes... anyone can be a gentleman. And from what I hear Hal can be a gentleman to be the people who chooses to be polite with. I've had no bad experiences with him. However, he asked why I didn't share the system that I learned from someone else... thinking that maybe I wanted to keep it a secret for myself. So I posted it. No one says it doesn't work. As a matter of fact, if you read my post, I say it does work. It's a great system, but I don't use it unless I'm faced with a terribly difficult shot. I do know 2 people who use this system on every shot and I believe some pros use it on every single shot they take. Watch Bustamante when he's aiming a straight-in shot and you'll see what I mean.

Chris Cass
03-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Carol,
You sure know how to put a smile on my face every time.
Yours,
C.C.~~you gotta luv this girl.lol Hope you kick everyone to the curb in Vegas....

CarolNYC
03-12-2002, 05:29 PM
I owe you my dear friend,
You dont know how jumping has improved my game-and then it instills the fear in opponents,especially when you make the ball and get position-and its "YOU IN MY THOUGHTS" at each jump! Forever grateful and always hoping to make you smile! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
love,
Carol