PDA

View Full Version : played my best match ever...

marek
12-24-2002, 08:17 PM
hi people!
first of all Id like to wish you marry christmas! Second Id like to brag about my performance in monday christmas tournament... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif The tournament format was 9ball double elim. with alternating break race to 7. I advanced into last 16 where I met pretty strong opponent. so I knew i had to play pretty good to win. So I did... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif I won the lag and made the break. Two balls went in but cue ball was partially obstructed so I couldn see the 1. So I chose to make table lenght jump...and I did it perfectly with flawless position on next ball and runout followed: 1-0. He made his break and scratched - another runout from my side: 2-0. I broke and one ball went in with easy position on first ball...and another careful runout followed! 3-0 He broke the next rack and one ball went in but with no possibility to play next ball. he chose to play push-out. he left me cb on the rail with ob in the middle of the table with 3bank position route to next ball through heavy traffic as the only possibility...well my confidence at this moment was absolutelly skyhigh so I chose to go for the shot...guess what? I made that shot absolutelly perfect so I was able to make another runout: 4-0! Next break wasnt as good as the others but one ball still went in. The "only" problem was that there was no way to play ob into any pocket. But I wanted to continue with my runout series...(bit of egomaniac in me..I know...but tell me: could YOU resist?) So I chose to play hard carom shot...which I DID to my great surprise! and while the ob was in line with cb and the pocket it seemed that another runout was on its way...well...it wasnt...I played the shot and missed it as I had trouble to put my bridge hand in the possition near the rail. My opponent got up from the chair, went to the table, played the shot and...hooked himself into safety... MAN he cursed!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif he tried to hit the ball but missed and as the rest of the table was quite easy another point went to my part of the scoreboard - 5:0. He broke the rack and nothing went in. the layout of the table was pretty bad but I tried to make it. Well...I failed to make long drawshot with outside english on first ball as I partially miscued and my opponent made his first point of this game: 5-1. I made 2 balls on the break and I was able to obtain perfect position on first ball again with easy layout on the table which meant another runout for me: 6-1. My opponent broke the rack and he got nothing again... I had to play table lenght 40-degree follow shot with inside english and soft speed to get any chance to play next ball and again I played it flawlessly... from now the table looked pretty easy but I made my first positional error of that match and left myself with long 80-degree cut. I told to myself: "comon, you play your AAA game tonight, you WILL make it!" And I really did as well as the rest of the table so I won 7:1. And even though I wasnt able to repeat my performance in the quarterfinal match and I lost 3:7 to superb player I was VERY happy.
If I counted well I have potted 61 balls and made 2 pot errors and 1 positional error. So if I count well it gives me Accu-stats average better than .950!!!! Its absolutelly awesome feeling to know that I am capable of game like this!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif And I tell you what I feel: if I played like this once there is no way to persuade me into feeling that I am not able to repeat this kind of game someday in the future and you can bet your last cent i will put my very best effort to achieve this in not very distant future!
I just wanted to share my happiness with you all people who again and again encourage me into further hard work... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
But now I will enjoy my holiday till January 5th.......no pool table just me and my girlfriend.....hmmmmmmm........I really need it.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Marry christmas and happy new year people!!!

cheesemouse
12-24-2002, 10:13 PM
Marek,
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!! Keep up the good work. You have an excellent attituted and lots of arrows in your quiver. Merry Xmas to you........

Rich R.
12-25-2002, 05:52 AM
Marek, you have good reason to brag.
Keep up the hard work.

Merry Christmas to you and your girlfriend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

silverbullet
12-25-2002, 06:12 AM
Congratulations, Marek!!!!

Wow. All those runouts, I am impressed!!! Sounds like loads of talent, determination and a great attitude. "Nothing succeeds like success".

bw