PDA

View Full Version : 314 /13mm Shafts

DEADSTOKE32
12-24-2002, 08:57 PM
HI 2 all the predator users out there .How do you like the new 13mm shafts that came out ? And do thay play better then the old 12.3/4. I'm not a big fan of the 314 but my wife hit with one and loved it .So i'm look for some in put on this .all info is welcome.....
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

cheesemouse
12-24-2002, 10:49 PM
I didn't even know they had a new shaft. All I can say is I made the switch and transition to the 314 a little over a year ago. I have one shaft for breaking which it does very well and now every other shaft feels like balsa wood when I break with them. The playing shaft took some getting used too. Being a twirler( using lots of extreme english) I had some difficulty adjusting to the low deflection; I hit lots of fat shots until I made the adjustments. While there are some shots I have to forgo the overall consistancey the 314 has added to my game makes it worth while.

I know there is a love/hate thing going on over this subject of the preditor shaft and I don't wish to get involved in it but I will say that there is something I like about the concept of the 314 design and that is if you break your playing shaft you can replace it with one that will be just like your old one you won't have to spend time getting used to the new one. I don't think one can replace a regular shaft and hope to get one even close to the old broken one. JM2cents... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cueless Joey
12-25-2002, 03:21 AM
You are referring to their break shaft. I think. Not the regular shaft. I play with a 12.5mm 314 now. Last week I tried mightily to switch to a regular 12.75 custom shaft to appease my local cuemaker. I played with it for three nights. I got more deflection and less spin with the regular shaft. It hit harder and was easier to punch with but it offered no other benifit. I'm back to 314. Played much better with it the night I switched back.

silverbullet
12-25-2002, 07:42 AM
I have the pred sneaky pete with the 314 shaft and the pred bk with the 314. Personally I think they both break great and both play great too. A couple of time after breaking with the bk, i forgot to pick up my playing cue, and kept playing with the bk and it played good.

even though the pred is good, it is a little back weighted for my taste. after playing with a sceptre which is front weighted, going to a back weighted cue requires me to use a different grip.

so i prefer my blackheart for playing. it is a more even weighted cue, hits great. so i mainly use the bk now for the break and play with the blackheart.

i dont plan to sell the sp right away and definately not before i get my blackheart custom cue.

i think cue preference is strictly a personal thing.

bw

DEADSTOKE32
12-25-2002, 01:47 PM
Thanks 4 the info.now i have 2 find out what she wants.