PDA

View Full Version : Double-kiss frozen bank shot... pretty cool.

12-25-2002, 07:07 AM
I did this shot on accident trying something else.. I couldn't believe it goes! use draw.. maybe a little right english or left depending on which way yer shooting it, and just hit the ball right full in the face pretty much. Pretend like you are just trying to double kiss the cueball back to the other side rail. The draw on the cueball puts forward spin on the ball on the rail I think. Somehow it'll drift right in the opposite corner pocket. ??? Weird.

START(
%IE7C1%PE5H2%WC7[2%XE5D0%YE6D8%ZE4G5%[F5[0%\F0D6%eB8b4

)END

9 Ball Girl
12-25-2002, 09:17 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the same shot that Fast Eddie Felson executed for a bet (I forgot how much $$$) in The Hustler? And then I think in the commentary Mike Massey did it too.

Wendy~~too lazy to pop in the DVD to check for myself /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
12-25-2002, 09:28 AM
Wendy,

You were close.. (the bet was for what was in the 'til' or cash register) and the 8 ball was frozen to the rail and the cue ball was froze to the 8 ball..

START(
%HH9D0%PI0E5%YD6Z0%ZH9C5%eB6`4

)END

9 Ball Girl
12-25-2002, 09:31 AM
Yes!!! You're right! Now I remember. Good going Seattle!

12-25-2002, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Yes!!! You're right! Now I remember. Good going Seattle! <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif yeah, I could see how you would get the two confused.

I just tried the shot a few more times and didn't have as much luck as I did earlier. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif But it does work.

Scott Lee
12-25-2002, 12:43 PM
Zach...The double kiss bank shot has been around for decades. It is a fairly standard one pocket bank, that any good player can execute. My friend Willie Jopling showed it to me many years ago, and he learned it from Eddie Taylor back in the 50's! BTW, it is NOTHING like the frozen rail bank shot in the Hustler!...and is much more difficult to execute! The Hustler bank shot is EASY...just stroke the CB VERY HIGH, and lift the cue over the top of the CB as you shoot. You shoot this shot with the cuestick almost straight on the two frozen balls.

Scott Lee