PDA

View Full Version : Balls for Xmas.....

cheesemouse
12-25-2002, 07:52 PM
BALLS FOR XMAS,
A friend invited me over for Xmas dinner, it was good, and he suprised me with a set of Aramith balls that he found in a thrift store somewhere in Wisc. He is a longhaul truck driver and when he has time he visits thrift stores and such. Anyway, these are an old set of Arimiths. They are in the original box and look like they were never used. I looked at there site and got no info. It says on the box...Continental by Saluc. The stripes and numbers are painted or applied somehow. You can feel a very slight rig. On the striped balls the stripe doesn't go all the way around and the stripes width is only about 60% the width of a normal ball plus the number is in the stripe leaving very large white areas on the balls. I played some with them this afternoon and they are very pleasing to the eye. I was wondering if any of you guys are ball freaks and known how old these baby's are and any other info you might have. The material they are made of doesn't look any different than todays balls.

CarolNYC
12-26-2002, 04:47 AM
Hey Cheesemouse,
One of my sets of Aramiths says"Premier by Saluc-Belgium"-(Pro Aramiths also)havent seen on other sets "Continental" but will inquire!
Stay well!
Carol:)