PDA

View Full Version : South Florida Weather, Dec 26, 2002

Kato
12-26-2002, 07:24 AM
The sun is shining,it's 50 degrees, 74% humidity, not a cloud in the sky, unlimited visibility, wind out of the NE at 5 mph. Anybody wanna stop in for a cup of coffee?

Kato~~~the WeatherChannel.com says it feels like 48 degrees.

PS. Carol, you ready to come back yet? How about you Barbara? Interested Wendy? Cass family?

Kato
12-26-2002, 07:34 AM
For the record, while the Cass family sleeps it's 19 degrees outside in Moline. 30 degrees in NYC though it feels like 19 with all the wind. Harold Acosta has it made because it's 79 in San Juan.

Kato~~~just making people feel good, 1 day at a time.

9 Ball Girl
12-26-2002, 10:09 AM
Yes! I don't drink coffee but I'd do anything to go down to see my guys in FL! Anything to get away from this yucky snow! On the other hand, I would love to wake up and smell the coffee! (parum pum!) /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Karatemom
12-26-2002, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> For the record, while the Cass family sleeps it's 19 degrees outside in Moline.

Kato~~~just making people feel good, 1 day at a time. <hr /></blockquote>

This is supposed to make us feel good??? It's around 10:30 here and it's still 19 degrees!!! At least we don't have any snow. I'd rather have 19 degrees than 27" + of snow. Of course, I'd rather have 50 degrees and 74% humidity than 19 degrees, too. Wanna come get us? hahahaha

Heide

Kato
12-26-2002, 10:21 AM
Correction. O'Hare Int Airport is listed at a balmy 22 degrees but with a 13 mph wind it feels like 10. Go on outside Heide and get some sun. By the way, it's 60 here now.

Kato

Barbara
12-26-2002, 10:23 AM
Kato,

Right now I'm calling you a name, rhymes with "witch" but begins with a "b"....

Barbara~~~~35 degrees outside, feels like 35 degrees... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato
12-26-2002, 10:37 AM
http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/owen/smash.gifHey........ow...........stop that.

Kato~~~never actually told Barbara she had to leave South Florida. http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/legionxs/wavey.gif

Karatemom
12-26-2002, 10:46 AM
If I wasn't so nice, I'd tell you where you can stick your thermometer! It's 25 here now, wind chill of 19, 74% humidity, wind out of the SW at 5 mph. You're on my @#$% list again, Mr. Weatherman!!!!!! hahahahahaha Why don't you come up here and enjoy some crisp, clean, cool air?

Heide

Barbara
12-26-2002, 10:52 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You tell him, Heide!!!

Barbara~~~also knows where Kato can stick his thermometer... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
12-26-2002, 10:56 AM
It's much too nice to leave here right now. Of course, the rest of you seem not to be at work like me. I'm thinking of visiting Harold, it's too cold here /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato~~~~http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/ruinkai/FIREdevil.gif

Rod
12-26-2002, 11:53 AM
Kato, Not to bad here. We have had rain the last week or two so it's kept the temp down. In the sun it feels good.

Phoenix, AZ
43 Partly Cloudy FEELS LIKE: 43 UV INDEX: 0 Minimal
HUMIDITY: 60% WIND (mph): E 3
VISIBILITY: BAROMETER: 30.31 in

THURSDAY
Hi: 59
Lo: 41

Mostly Sunny FRIDAY
Hi: 65
Lo: 47

Mostly Sunny SATURDAY
Hi: 68
Lo: 47

Partly Cloudy SUNDAY
Hi: 63
Lo: 44

Few Showers

Kato
12-26-2002, 12:03 PM
Not bad Rod. I could live there.

Kato~~~likes warm sun and DOES NOT LIKE SNOW!!!!!!!

9 Ball Girl
12-26-2002, 12:48 PM
Bah! I'm at work today. And like Heide said, I too would much rather have 19 degrees than the friggin' snow! Visiting Harold, I need to talk to my boss about visiting one of our offices in Puerto Rico! We've only got 21 offices down there, there's gotta be something for me to do!

Harold Acosta
12-26-2002, 08:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> For the record, while the Cass family sleeps it's 19 degrees outside in Moline. 30 degrees in NYC though it feels like 19 with all the wind. Harold Acosta has it made because it's 79 in San Juan.

Kato~~~just making people feel good, 1 day at a time. <hr /></blockquote>

You know...for a slight moment here, I envy you guys. I like cold weather and the snow. How about "trading places"....

Harold Acosta
12-26-2002, 08:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Bah! I'm at work today. And like Heide said, I too would much rather have 19 degrees than the friggin' snow! Visiting Harold, I need to talk to my boss about visiting one of our offices in Puerto Rico! We've only got 21 offices down there, there's gotta be something for me to do! <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Wendy, there must be some work here in PR for you. Everyone is on vacation these days because of "use or loose." A two week "detail assignment" might cheer you up!

CarolNYC
12-27-2002, 03:31 AM
AHHHHHH,My Dear RJ,
You KNOW I would in a heartbeat!50 is chilly for you guys,correct? Everyone have their downcoats on,ha ha ha ha-I truly miss ya and had a GREAT time,but,NY is my town so I'll be wearing my ski clothes just to walk my dog!:):):)-29 with a neg. 15 windchill factor isnt too bad!Ha ha haUGH UGH-"Im hot-blooded,just check it and see" ha ha ha-Hope you had a good time and are feeling well!
See ya soon!
Carol:)

Rich R.
12-27-2002, 08:02 AM
Kato, you are very lucky. You are not within arms reach of any of us. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rich R.
12-27-2002, 08:04 AM
Wendy, I get to go first. I have more seniority. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm ready for warm and sunny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-27-2002, 02:29 PM
Rich, I will gladly carry your bags to and fro! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-28-2002, 03:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/owen/smash.gifHey........ow...........stop that.

Kato~~~never actually told Barbara she had to leave South Florida. http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/legionxs/wavey.gif <hr /></blockquote>

kato, i've read the whole thread down to here and i can see that you might benefit from some constructive advice on discussing weather in the winter with yankees. well, i'm here to help.

try not to let them know that that usual t.v. journalistic rule "if it bleads, it leads" is changed here to "if it snows it goes". nothing is as entertaining to the locals as watching winter wonderland scenes. if it involves car crashes; even better.

never directly brag to winter victims about your local circumstance. rather, sprinkle your conversation with little notes like "spent about 3 hours on the bike but i did have to wear a jacket".

or:

"while i was barbqing, i noticed a chill."

as an escaped, reformed and recovered yankee winter victim, i can tell you that they sometimes get downright violent when you mention needing to restock the sunblock.

just tell 'em to cool it.

chill.

dan...neener, neener, y'all.

9 Ball Girl
12-28-2002, 08:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houstondan:</font><hr>"while i was barbqing, i noticed a chill."
<hr /></blockquote>
http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/blackeye/lol.gif

Karatemom
12-28-2002, 11:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houstondan:</font><hr> "while i was barbqing, i noticed a chill."

dan...neener, neener, y'all. <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, there's no better way to barbeque out here than to grill a New York strip in the middle of February when you have to walk 50' out to your grill in 12" of snow. The trick is to get the steak back into the house before it freezes!

Heide

CarolNYC
12-29-2002, 04:44 AM
Ha Ha,
It reached 40 -and in a few days possibly 50-so would you like to come for a cup of coffee?
Carol~still wearing down coat!

Kato
12-29-2002, 08:42 AM
Ha, better be a big cup!!!!!!!!! It's 57 here and absolutely freezing. I'm bundled up like I'm going on a South Pole expedition!!!!!!!!

Kato~~~dying over here. Think I'll move to Equador. Do they play pool there?

CarolNYC
12-29-2002, 12:04 PM
I didnt forget about the KONA-just wanted to let you know-give me a few days!
Miss ya!
Carol~:):):):)-stay warm!

Kato
12-30-2002, 09:04 AM
Did you tell me you were gonna send me some Kona? I'll tell you this.........it is one of my favorite coffee's. Really tasty brew. If you think about it I'd like some. No rush though, I've got about 10 pounds of various coffee blends laying around the house. Heck, I just got a pound of Dominican beans which I'm keeping at work and brewing here. Kona won't leave the house though, way too special. Kinda like that Royal Vintage I sent Ken that I'm still waiting for his take on. Betcha Kona would taste pretty darn good running it through the Gevalia coffee maker. Which leads me to my next question. Why doesn't Gevalia offer Kona? Stupid.

Kato~~~does it sound like I'm begging?

snipershot
01-01-2003, 03:35 AM
Must be nice, I live in Canada and I see nothing but snow for six months of the year, you don't know how lucky you are to live in Florida.