PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy

12-26-2002, 08:29 AM
In the game of Cowboy is it necessary to contact a rail even on the shots where you pocket a ball?

Mike H
12-26-2002, 08:33 AM
Nope.

12-26-2002, 09:07 AM
I was wondering if I could just line up straight on a ball and continually use draw without having to contact a rail in order to rack up the points. In the BCA rule book I have it reads "On all shots, a player must cause the cue ball to contact an object ball, and then the cue ball or the object ball must contact a cushion. Failure to do so is a foul."

9-Ball Rule: If no object ball is pocketed, failure to drive the cue ball or any numbered ball to a rail after the cue ball contacts the object ball on is a foul.

8-Ball Rule: On all shots, the shooter must hit one of his group of balls first and (1) pocket an numbered ball, or (2) cause the cue ball or any numbered ball to contact a rail.

Where 9 ball and 8 ball specifies pocketing a ball clears you of the requirement to contact a rail the game of Cowboy doesn't mention it. I didn't know if they just assumed it to be so or if it was necessary even on pocketed shots.

Scott Lee
12-26-2002, 10:58 AM
Davis...Pocketing a ball is the same as contacting a rail with the OB or CB after legal contact, regardless of the game.

Scott Lee