PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge Wish List !!

03-12-2002, 12:28 AM
We're departing on our annual pilgrammage to Valley Forge in less than 60 hours - noon on Thursday. If we drive straight through we might make it in time for some Challenge the Pro matches following the pro-am on Thursday night. That is something to look forward to in itself! For a pool nut like myself, Valley Forge is hands down the highlight event of the year for us - made even better now that the men pros will be competing there as well!

This is my dream wish list for Valley Forge:

To find and purchase at least 3-4 really unique looking Sneaky Pete cues from some high quality cuemakers to add to my collection - and possibly even a new SP playing cue for myself. A couple of my loyal avid pool playing employees here are interested in me picking them up a really nice cue - if I see something I just can't resist! Of course, numerous T-shirts and other small specialty item purchases one can only find from the numerous vendors at Valley Forge.

Second, to finalize a deal with the Gabriel's boys (Thierry and Joe) to purchase enough Gabriel's tables (IMO the best pool table currently in existence) to replace all our other tables in here - to my very picky and precise custom specifications.

Third, to hopefully have the opportunity to meet numerous respected CCB regulars for the first time, as well as renewing acquaintances with those we've come to know from meeting at Valley Forge in previous years - including Barbara, Fred A, Paul, the other Fred, Fran, and many, many others too numerous to remember or mention here.

Finally, in the WPBA division, a Sunday final 4 of televised matches made up of my very favorite players slugging it out - Allison, Gerda, Tiffany and rounding out the field either Megan Smith, Romana Dokovic, Nikki Benish or Jeannie Seaver!

I guess I'm asking for alot, but even if I don't manage to get my cues, my tables, or my favorite players advancing to Sunday - it will still be a guaranteed great weekend we're really looking forward to. Hope to see some of you there! - Chris in NC

CarolNYC
03-12-2002, 05:31 AM
Hey Chris,
What a wonderful wish list-I hope your wishes come true!
Carol

Rich R.
03-12-2002, 05:56 AM
Good luck on the wish list Chis. I think we are all going with a few wishes of our own. Mine change by the minute. My first wish is for Friday morning to get here so I can leave for VF. This last week has been agonizingly slow. I hope to meet you, the Dragon and others from the CCB. Have a safe drive. Rich R.

TomBrooklyn
03-12-2002, 11:32 AM
See you there Saturday or Sunday or both, Chris.

P.S. Why don't you register? Then you could get PMs!/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

JimS
03-12-2002, 12:49 PM
OK! That does it. I screwed around and didn't get there this year...BUT...next year I HAVE to go!!! Would someone send me names and contact numbers for places to stay, the closer to the show the better...obviously. I'll make the darned reservation this week and clear my next March schedule NOW!. Making FIRM plans NOW! Thanks!!!! I'll try to twist CC's arm and get him there next year too!

TomBrooklyn
03-12-2002, 01:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: JimS:</font><hr> OK! That does it. ...next year I HAVE to go! I'll try to twist CC's arm and get him there next year too! <hr></blockquote>Now your talking: ROAD TRIP!

03-12-2002, 01:03 PM
the whole thing takes place at a hotel/convention center so that's where you want to stay. after you get there it's all elevator rides. unless you get hungry after 11pm. then it's down the road to denny's.

dan

SPetty
03-12-2002, 01:19 PM
HAHAHA - that's what I said LAST year!

So the fist week of May last year(!) I bought my plane ticket and made my reservations at the Radisson, which is attached to the convention center where the gala is being held. I'm landing Thursday afternoon, taking a shuttle to the hotel/convention center, then staying there until Monday morning when I take the shuttle back to the airport!

We'll miss you.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: JimS:</font><hr> OK! That does it. I screwed around and didn't get there this year...BUT...next year I HAVE to go!!! Would someone send me names and contact numbers for places to stay, the closer to the show the better...obviously. I'll make the darned reservation this week and clear my next March schedule NOW!. Making FIRM plans NOW! Thanks!!!! I'll try to twist CC's arm and get him there next year too! <hr></blockquote>

SPetty
03-12-2002, 01:25 PM
My wishes are simple:
<ul type="square"> Meet up with a few of you guys. (I still don't know how we're going to do that... If anyone has any ideas, let me know.)
See some spectacular pool playing.
See some spectacular pool cues.
Have a great deal of fun!
Don't get hurt. (That's always on my list...)
[/list]

JimS
03-12-2002, 01:57 PM
Hadn't thought of it that way....yet! But YEAH!! CC and I will do a David McCumber and Tony Annigoni thingee. CC can be the Italian hustler and I'll be....wait a second....he had $30k!! Well, I'll go along. (Big talk + Big Plans + no $30k = alligator mouth and hummingbird ass):)

Sign me UP!

Chris Cass
03-12-2002, 04:14 PM
Jim,
I said I'll think about it. Now can I have my son back?
LMAO,
C.C.~~doesn't go anywhere without protection...Voodoo and that ankle biter guy........ROLF now.....

Kato
03-12-2002, 04:33 PM
Well, I guess I gotta get Voodoo and go to.

Kato

HarryDC
03-12-2002, 04:41 PM
My wish is that at 5:55pm on March 14 when I walk into the
pro arena my name is on the list to play in the WPBA Charity
Event even though I made a late attempt at registering so I can play on what ever team I am assigned to. Pool Heaven!

HarryDC

03-12-2002, 08:03 PM
My wish is that we all wear an item identifying us as CCB posters, that way we can't help but run into each other! What'll it be guys? A pin? A Tee shirt? How about name tags? As for the meeting place, is there any other but the Blue Grotto? I know I'm a total Newbie (of dubious interest at that) but i AM looking foward to meeting most of you! Regards, Lorri

JimS
03-12-2002, 08:28 PM
How about one of you computer whizzes finding something on the web to post here that could be printed out and made into a name tag by using double sided tape or scotch tape....or something. Maybe just print out the BD logo at the top of the page. There must be something easy for someone who knows about these contraptions....obviously not me!

Wear it on your shirt, hat, cue case, back pants pocket, forehead, belt buckle????

Yep! It works. Just go to the BD home page and print it out. The Billiards Digest logo is in the top left hand portion of the page, just like on the screen and measures about the size of a name tag. Cut the logo out and write your name above it with a Sharpie. Bingo! CCB name tag!!....or not.