PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Resolutions !!!

Doctor_D
12-26-2002, 01:56 PM
Good afternoon & an Early Happy New Year to All !!!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Please share some of your 2003 resolutions, related or not to the game of pocket billiards, which you are determined to pursue...

Personally; I am hoping to devote as much time to the ongoing development and refinement of my game as possible, in addition to competing in as many local and regional tournaments as my schedule will permit.

Dr. D.

nAz
12-26-2002, 02:17 PM
More time with kids
less time with pocket billiards
more time with 3C billiards
Less time trying to solve world problems /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And seriously getting into Fencing! Touche.

Oh and one more thing ill stop smoking cigs before it becomes a habbit... seems that when ever im playing pool and someone lites up next to me i ask for a Cig, take 3-4 drags and then put it out. thats gotta stop. damn pool halls!

silverbullet
12-26-2002, 02:27 PM
sorry kids...this camper does not believe in resolutions just solutions and trying to live day by day. but everyday i hope to play pool, love my dogs and husband other family members and friends.

hope everyone has a nice ny day though.

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
12-26-2002, 02:35 PM
quit smoking Jan. 1 2003.

that's enough for now.

Kato
12-26-2002, 02:35 PM
1) Keep off the weight I just lost
2) Quit smoking
3) Regain my desire to play serious, competitive pool
4) Run a 4 pack from the break
5) Run 50 balls

I've never been much on these sorts of things. I think I'll try this year.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
12-26-2002, 04:13 PM
Mmm. Let's see, in no particular order:

1. Get more practice time in
2. Try to compete in a lot more of the Open tourneys
3. Not take anymore crap from any male
4. Be a better daughter
5. Have more self confidence in all aspects
6. Lose 30lbs (5 down, 25 more to go)

These are all actually works in progress. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

cheesemouse
12-26-2002, 05:40 PM
I'm gonna pretent I'm rich for a year and see what that's like.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-26-2002, 06:22 PM
I find it ironic that most if not all smokers(I'm one too) want to quit smoking. Just something to think about, especially for all you non-smokers or "social" smokers out there. Oh well, where's my lighter?

silverbullet
12-26-2002, 07:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote captain:</font><hr> I find it ironic that most if not all smokers(I'm one too) want to quit smoking. Just something to think about, especially for all you non-smokers or "social" smokers out there. Oh well, where's my lighter? <hr /></blockquote>

lol. i reluctantly quit when i kept getting sick and realized i had no immune system left so could not afford to smoke because smoking knocks out the natural interferon etc. heck i still think about them everyday, want to smoke one everyday. not guaranteeing will never smoke one again cuz i did not want to quit when i did.

bw

Mike H
12-26-2002, 08:43 PM
1. Keep off the weight I've lost the last 4 months, and continue to drop weight gradually.
2. Stop making "wrong turns" that lead to Atlantic City.
3. Drink less beer. Drink more Crown Royal.
4. Stop thinking about smoking again.
5. Beat the ghost in rotation. Talk lots of trash during.
6. Play more straight pool, with the intention of running 150.
7. Go to a tourney (be it any, Joss, Planet Pool, Tri-State, or any of the Behrmans' events) and actually PLAY, and not spend the whole time trying to drum up action.
8. Develop a reliable full-cue jump shot.
9. Make more time for the people who I care for.
10. Hope to see some of you guys at the Open this year!

Mike

Karatemom
12-27-2002, 12:14 AM
!. First and foremost, quit smoking. That is a must!
2. Play more one hole.
3. Learn more strategy in 8 ball, 9 ball, and one pocket.
4. Play more one hole.

Those are just the important ones /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Heide

Deeman
12-27-2002, 07:39 AM
1) Stop getting straight in.
2) Stop cheating the pocket a little too much.
3) Get off the Atkins diet.
4) Move to a warmer climate.
5) Teach my horse to jump over my motorcycle.
6) Observe some/more Yankee speed limits.
7) Teach Pennsylvanians how to make bar-b-que.
8) Leave my guns at home more often.
9) Be more tolerant of Democrats.
10) Perform more random acts of runout.

Fred Agnir
12-27-2002, 08:08 AM
This year, I resolve to...

1. ... limiting my spending to just one (or two) cue cases this year. And no more than two cues. Or three.

2. ...embarass my daughters less. Or less often. Or as often, but to a lesser degree. Or, only when there are boys around...

3. ... never, under any cirumstances, respond to a Women vs. Men thread.

Fred

Rich R.
12-27-2002, 08:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> This year, I resolve to...

1. ... limiting my spending to just one (or two) cue cases this year. And no more than two cues. Or three.

2. ...embarass my daughters less. Or less often. Or as often, but to a lesser degree. Or, only when there are boys around...

3. ... never, under any cirumstances, respond to a Women vs. Men thread.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>
Fred, I really respect how firmly you stated your resolutions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
12-27-2002, 08:22 AM
My 2003 resolutions.

1. Lose some of the weight that I have lost before. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
2. Watch as much pool as possible.
3. Play as much pool as possible.
4. Improve my pool game.

rackmup
12-27-2002, 10:24 PM
Letters every two weeks to my daughter, whether she writes back or not.
Devote some volunteer time at my church.
Devotional reading each day.
Journal my advances in my "faith walk."
Read one Max Lucado book per month.
Daily prayer.
Play pool.
Play nineball.
Play one pocket.
Play pool again.
Get Kato back on the board.
Meet Chris Cass for a few racks of anything.
Pray for more pecans to arrive at my doorstep.

Regards,

Ken

Voodoo Daddy
12-28-2002, 01:55 AM
Well...its that time again?...Damnit!! Ok, if I gotta I'll;

1] Quit being such a hardass /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif.
2] Try to be a better man.
3] Spend less time playing pool and more time pumpin' /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif iron.
4] Get back /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif in the wind.
5] Get to NY/NJ and hang with my crew {Eric, Carol...etc}
6] Re-learn how good love /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif makes me feel.
7] Pray more for my brother Chris Cass.
8] Eat Less, Drink Less, Smoke Less...live longer!!!
9] Find a piece of land, on a river in the USA to build my retirement /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Log home on.
10] Work harder at happiness /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

12-28-2002, 02:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Well...its that time again?...Damnit!! Ok, if I gotta I'll;

1] Quit being such a hardass /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif.
2] Try to be a better man.
3] Spend less time playing pool and more time pumpin' /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif iron.
4] Get back /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif in the wind.
5] Get to NY/NJ and hang with my crew {Eric, Carol...etc}
6] Re-learn how good love /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif makes me feel.
7] Pray more for my brother Chris Cass.
8] Eat Less, Drink Less, Smoke Less...live longer!!!
9] Find a piece of land, on a river in the USA to build my retirement /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Log home on.
10] Work harder at happiness /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. <hr /></blockquote>

voo, great list. i don't usually do resolutions but i think i'll just steal some of your stuff:

1) just flat agree. been working on that since i retired from being a professional hardass and am doin fairly well with only an occasional relapse when some [censored] really needs it.

2) absolutely and well put. yes.

3) slight change here bro: lift no iron heavier than 18oz.

4) and for longer distances. i resolve to upgrade the ride. been back at it 2 years and it's time to get a real machine.

5) go more of everywhere (see #4).

6) this is the one where you really hooked me. simply: yes.

7) dear lord.... chris, well he's a good man and you don't need him back with you yet. he has good work yet to do. think about it please.

thank you.

amen.

8)well, if i'm going to be nicer to everyone else then maybe i need to cut myself some slack too. rock on.

9) i have a similar dream but then i'd have to get a whole new bunch of friends and i'd miss the old ones and where's the poolroom from there?

10) always.

thanks voodoo. and happy new year to you one and all.

dan

silverbullet
12-28-2002, 06:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> Letters every two weeks to my daughter, whether she writes back or not.
Devote some volunteer time at my church.
Devotional reading each day.
Journal my advances in my "faith walk."
Read one Max Lucado book per month.
Daily prayer.
Play pool.
Play nineball.
Play one pocket.
Play pool again.
Get Kato back on the board.
Meet Chris Cass for a few racks of anything.

Regards,

Ken

<hr /></blockquote>

Hey ken. Have ya factored sleep and work into all of that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

bw

Rich R.
12-28-2002, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> I'm gonna pretent I'm rich for a year and see what that's like.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Cheese, being me for a year is nothing special. Trust me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheesemouse
12-28-2002, 09:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> I'm gonna pretent I'm rich for a year and see what that's like.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Cheese, being me for a year is nothing special. Trust me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

That's very funny Rich, I like your rye sense of humor now take a break from your pool, saw some boards and then take a picture of it.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooklyn
12-28-2002, 10:37 AM
My parents never made New Year Resolutions, and I never did either. I don't buy into waiting for New Years to do something. Do what you want, do only good things for yourself, and do it now! Why wait? =TB

silverbullet
12-28-2002, 12:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> My parents never made New Year Resolutions, and I never did either. I don't buy into waiting for New Years to do something. Do what you want, do only good things for yourself, and do it now! Why wait? =TB <hr /></blockquote>

AAMEN!!!!!

bw

Barbara
12-28-2002, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Duly noted. I think this is one thing I can help the Good Lord with.

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif