PDA

View Full Version : mosconi cup

fasteddie
12-26-2002, 06:37 PM
Europe have just won the mosconi cup.Is there anyone out there who thinks they could live with America in America,or should the competition stay in Britain.The competition is very big, every ball shown live on skysports tv.The gap is closing fast.

Alfie
12-26-2002, 10:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote fasteddie:</font><hr> Is there anyone out there who thinks they could live with America in America,or should the competition stay in Britain. <hr /></blockquote> fasteddie, what the hell are you asking??

fasteddie
12-27-2002, 06:50 AM
Sorry alfie if i didn,t make myself clear but the mosconi cup is an annually held 9ball competition between the europeans and americans.It has been running since 1994 with the european team only winning twice.America had a very stronge team(Strickland,Archer,Duell,JJ,Williams)but lost to a good european team.Every year the competition is held in Britain,my point is do you think the european team would be able to compete on American soil?

Kato
12-27-2002, 07:16 AM
Ralph Soquet won the U.S. Open this year. Oliver Ortman plays real sporty as do the others. If home field advantage that big a deal in pool? Maybe.

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
12-27-2002, 09:23 AM
The Americans waxed them 12-1 last year. I think they thought they could just mail it in this year. They found out different.

There's a rumor that the Mosconi Cup will be in Vegas next year so you may find out the answer to your "home field advantage" question.

snipershot
12-30-2002, 07:13 PM
I don't think homefield advantage is much of a factor, all of the European players have probably played over in America before anyway, and when in competition the players are so intensely concerned with what is hapening on the table that the crowd is pretty much non-existent in their heads.