PDA

View Full Version : Monday Tourney at Airway Billiards

The Rhino Chaser
12-27-2002, 03:40 AM
Played in the Monday tourney at Airway Billiards in Dayton Oh and the Thursday Tourney at Hall of Fame Billiards in Warren Michigan. Just wanted to say that both are great to play. The tourney at Airway had 98 players with skill level ranging from A to D. For five bucks how can you go wrong. The tourney at HOF is a b/b+ and up as far a skill level of the players. HOF has plenty of action. If you couldn't find a game you weren't looking very hard. I would recommend both tournaments. For Perk, I lost my first match and then won the next 4 or 5 before bowing out. Not sure of how many I won just know I'm upset about the last set.

Perk
12-27-2002, 05:54 AM
Well, sounds like ya got alot of games in...Its wierd how tourneys work that way. Lose a quick one, then get rollin. Congrats! Did you stick around till the end? If so, who won?

The Rhino Chaser
12-27-2002, 11:55 AM
I think everyone was calling the gentleman that won Porky. Jimmy W took second, Jimmy beat me 5-0 in the first set he ran 4 out of the 5 racks. I think overall the field strength was down. Only a couple of champions in the field.

Perk
12-27-2002, 01:00 PM
If it was Porky...that would be Norm Wines...he plays alot of pool..lol...prob down a bit due to holidays....

had a pretty good turnout for a new tourney around here though...kinda neat format...Called a shootout...race to 2, each get one break. Play everyone in the field...like a round robin i guess...Kinda fun for a different tourney...$12/+ calcutta....

Happy Holidays!