PDA

View Full Version : Here's a little something for you snowbirds

Kato
12-27-2002, 09:57 AM
People up north
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2002-12/6005314.jpg

People that live up north but are down south
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2002-12/6005303.jpg

But look at these wackos where Marek lives. Sort of like our "polar bear wackos"
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2002-12/6001270.jpg

Kato~~~just hanging out at work eating cookies

http://smilies.crowd9.com/otn/funny/bluegrab.gifhttp://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/blobs/blk_md_wht.gifhttp://jeeptalk.org/crack/smilies/otn/blobs/ukliam2.gifhttp://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/cartmanico.gif

Karatemom
12-27-2002, 11:35 AM
I'm not complaining, this is what it looks like here today. Warmer, not as windy, and NO SNOW!

http://www.wqad.net/weather/eagle_eye.jpg

Heide

Kato
12-27-2002, 11:38 AM
Not bad, is that the Moline courthouse or City Hall?

Kato

TomBrooklyn
12-27-2002, 12:41 PM
What is a snowbird? I've heard that term many times, but have never quite understood it.
=TB

Kato
12-27-2002, 01:35 PM
Tom, that's what us folks down here call you folks up there because you seem to migrate like birds to our section of the state during the winter time. Snowbirds are why we have no state income taxes. Bad part about snowbirds is that they can't drive.

Kato~~~ground owl

9 Ball Girl
12-27-2002, 02:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> But look at these wackos where Marek lives. Sort of like our "polar bear wackos"<hr /></blockquote>

Ha! We've got those here in Brooklyn too. I think they're called the Polar Bear Club but they are of the older generation as well and they frolick in Coney Island.

#### leonard
12-27-2002, 03:21 PM
I am always getting calls to visit Florida but I cut them short with you screwed up our country, I am boycotting Florida. I love the snow and cold, when I was working I was overnight in Lake Placid and the windchill was 100 below zero. The warmest the temperature got during the day was 20 below zero.####

Kato
12-27-2002, 03:42 PM
####, I would be dead inside of 12 seconds and that isn't a lie.

Kato

Karatemom
12-27-2002, 04:39 PM
Neither, it's a picture, live, of downtown Davenport, IA. In the background, you can see the Missisiippi, and then good ole' Moline. See, no corn for miles!

Heide

Rod
12-27-2002, 05:35 PM
Heide, Here's one from DT Phoenix. I noticed yours is dark now and this one getting there. But, tommorrow a nice warm 68 for a high, oh and there isn't any snow here either!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.accessarizona.com/cgi-bin/news/traffic_cam.cgi?cam=31

Karatemom
12-27-2002, 06:19 PM
Hiya Rod. I love seeing live shots, it's like being there again. Been to Phoenix once, back in high school. Our band and colorguard was selected to perform in the Fiesta Bowl parade - took 3rd place! Anyway, I loved it, but we hardly saw any green grass. It was such a switch from getting on the plane in a snowstorm, to getting off in 80 degree sunny weather. Except, at the football game, all of us out-of-towners were enjoying the 60/70 degree day, while the locals were freezing, hahaha. I think I like it there better, even if there is no real grass. Hey, nothing to mow, right?

Heide

Voodoo Daddy
12-27-2002, 07:11 PM
Tom...the migration starts around Thanksgiving with the Canadians...very freakin' old Canadians that cant drive /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif, dont tip /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif, play VERY slow golf /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif and look down their nose's at all Americans /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif. In the middle of December, the US elderly move south but for some reason stop right in Kato's back yard. European snowbirds are on the west coast from Ft Myers north to Sarasota...mostly German. We here in Miami had more tourist in January than anyone for decades but they started to get murdered driving in bad neighborhoods so they stay outta Dade County! Snowbirds are among us...just look for the license plates!!!

Voodoo Daddy
12-27-2002, 07:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> I am always getting calls to visit Florida but I cut them short with you screwed up our country, I am boycotting Florida. <hr /></blockquote>

####, Florida did what to where? You dont have to say here, you can PM me...I really wanna hear this. As far as the snow...keep it all. I'll take beach, /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif sun and tan lines everyday!! Of course, you cant get that stuff in the pool room...HAHAHAHAHAHA

Barbara
12-27-2002, 08:16 PM
Can't drive?? Can't drive??

Oh, I can drive. Oh yeah, baby!! You and me, 1/4 mile, head to head.

For pink slips.

I know I can't fit into your car very well so I'll just have to sell it to someone who's just as "vertically challenged" as you. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And Carol will drop the start flag. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~the Spyder has no chance against "The Beast"...

Kato
12-27-2002, 08:39 PM
I have a better chance at 9-ball..................not much but some.

Kato~~~has a quick car, not a fast car.

12-28-2002, 02:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> I am always getting calls to visit Florida but I cut them short with you screwed up our country, I am boycotting Florida. <hr /></blockquote>

i'm pretty confident that the right reverend dr. #### was referring to the interesting and inventive ways your fair state dealt with the most recent presidential selection and how he would have preferred a different result. i'm not sure he's right but he might be.

dan

####, Florida did what to where? You dont have to say here, you can PM me...I really wanna hear this. As far as the snow...keep it all. I'll take beach, /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif sun and tan lines everyday!! Of course, you cant get that stuff in the pool room...HAHAHAHAHAHA <hr /></blockquote>

12-28-2002, 02:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> See, no corn for miles!

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

yea, but once it starts, it goes on forever. corn everywhere. well, ok, sometimes there's hogs, but mostly it's corn. and then there's more corn. and don't believe what you see in the movies; there's no baseball fields out there. nope, just corn. and pigs.

dan...earned the right fair and square.

Voodoo Daddy
12-28-2002, 03:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houstondan:</font><hr> i'm pretty confident that the right reverend dr. #### was referring to the interesting and inventive ways your fair state dealt with the most recent presidential selection and how he would have preferred a different result. i'm not sure he's right but he might be.

dan

<hr /></blockquote>

Sux to be them that didnt win... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifHAHAHAHAHAHA.

silverbullet
12-28-2002, 06:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> I am always getting calls to visit Florida but I cut them short with you screwed up our country, I am boycotting Florida. <hr /></blockquote>

####, Florida did what to where? You dont have to say here, you can PM me...I really wanna hear this. As far as the snow...keep it all. I'll take beach, /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif sun and tan lines everyday!! Of course, you cant get that stuff in the pool room...HAHAHAHAHAHA <hr /></blockquote>

My grandparents lived in Naples. I grew up visiting them every Christmas Holiday. So Florida felt like home to me very much and I missed it during the other months we were home in Virginia.

I grew up thinking, what is this big deal about a white christmas when you have the ocean?

bw

Karatemom
12-28-2002, 11:22 AM
You sound experienced, Dan. Could it be that you've escaped the dreaded corn belt? Unfortunately, the pigs have been taken over by the cows and horses. Either that, or they're smart enough to stay inside where it's warm /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Heide

12-28-2002, 01:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> You sound experienced, Dan. Could it be that you've escaped the dreaded corn belt? Unfortunately, the pigs have been taken over by the cows and horses. Either that, or they're smart enough to stay inside where it's warm /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

experienced? yep. grew up in burlington. sometimes miss it.

dan

#### leonard
12-30-2002, 10:44 PM
I think I had my insulated underwear on that day. Usually I would not put my heavy clothes on until January. After a while your blood got use to the cold. Jan,Feb,March were the cold months. The thing was to always have cold weather survival gear if you got stranded by a breakdown.

Kato
12-31-2002, 08:38 AM
I have a buddy that goes hunting in the dead of winter in Michigan. He tells me that the clothing the hunters wear is so insulated and light that he can stay out indefinitely (or at least all day)........comfortably.

Kato~~~packs it in when the weather drops below 70