PDA

View Full Version : WPBA-before the regional tours

Wally_in_Cincy
12-27-2002, 12:57 PM
Before the regional tours began, how did new players break into the ranks of the WPBA?

Barbara
12-27-2002, 08:54 PM
Wally,

Players were just called to fill the field. We're talking in the days of Billie Billing and Fran Crimi as prez, too. But later, also. It wasn't until about the mid to late 90's that they started calling players based on their points standings. But then again - back then and still now - if you were at a players' meeting and they hadn't filled the field, if you were a semi-pro, you could get in with your $500 on the spot.

I wish Fran was still posting here to give you a more claritive answer.

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
12-28-2002, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Wally,

Players were just called to fill the field. We're talking in the days of Billie Billing and Fran Crimi as prez, too. But later, also. It wasn't until about the mid to late 90's that they started calling players based on their points standings. But then again - back then and still now - if you were at a players' meeting and they hadn't filled the field, if you were a semi-pro, you could get in with your $500 on the spot.

<font color="red">Thanks Barbara. I kinda figured it worked something like that. </font color>

I wish Fran was still posting here to give you a more claritive answer.

<font color="red">This place has calmed down considerably lately. I'm sure Fran will post if it's something that interests her. </font color>

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>