PDA

View Full Version : 9 Ball Board Game?!

9 Ball Girl
12-28-2002, 04:29 PM
Okay, now I've seen it all!

http://tampabilliards.com/products/patilez/about/

Rod
12-28-2002, 05:51 PM
Me two I guess. What's going on here? It says if you like 9 ball and like to gamble------------
As shown it has 3 kids playing the game! Are they gambling? Someone needs to re-think the add. LOL What an idiot/s

12-28-2002, 07:58 PM
Those children pictured are probably the inventors own kids. She sunk all her money into developing this board game and now can neither afford a babysitter nor professional models for the advertisement! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimbo

snipershot
12-29-2002, 03:00 AM
yeah I think i've seen everything now as well, the fact that somebody actually thought of inventing a nine ball board game and a bunch of kids gambling as well. I wonder if their betting their weekly allowance?

Popcorn
12-29-2002, 10:26 AM
That website really brought back some memories of the old Bakers poolroom. When I first met my wife the first trip we went on was to a tournament at Bakers. I did not know it, but she had shopped the day before so she could look nice at the tournament. We got there at around 3am and after getting a motel went over to the poolroom. She could not believe it. Guys were sleeping on the floor and it was full of bums, what a dump the place was. I think she pictured something like a ballroom and guys in tuxedos for the tournament. She did not want to come back the next day. She did though and it was a lot better when the tournament was in progress and she was excited to watch me play. Bakers was one action spot when things were going on. In that little dump of a pool room you could rub elbows with pools elite and see the best players in the world. If you are ever in Tampa be sure to stick you head in and soak up some of the games history. I haven't been there in years. The last time I was there Champion player Gerri Titcome owned it. This is the kind of room where you can really learn the game. It oozes from the walls, I hope it has not changed too much, it would be a shame.

12-31-2002, 03:04 PM
Can't get anything by you guys, actually took the money off of the table thinking it might not look good, especially since they were gambling for their lunch money.

Thought you might like to know that Baker's is pretty much the same though, a place I look forward to going to and watching the guys play pool as well as checking out the cool pictures on the walls.

Hey, I could PhotoShop the money back on the table.....

Seriously though, we do appreciate the interest, thanks.

12-31-2002, 03:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Me two I guess. What's going on here? It says if you like 9 ball and like to gamble------------
As shown it has 3 kids playing the game! Are they gambling? Someone needs to re-think the add. LOL What an idiot/s <hr /></blockquote>

you are absolutely right. those kids have no business gambling on a board game. where's the skill in that.

also, i think it's important that, when playing little kids for their lunch money, one should always be ready to give a little bit back so they'll stop crying and come again tomorrow.

dan...helping americas youth build character.

Rod
12-31-2002, 05:28 PM
Quote dan, also, i think it's important that, when playing little kids for their lunch money, one should always be ready to give a little bit back so they'll stop crying and come again tomorrow.

One thing to consider, yea you need to give a little back to the whiney ones. Them that take it on the hard side might shoot your butt with a 9mm though! They don't need that much character.