PDA

View Full Version : Top Money Players

Harold Acosta
12-29-2002, 07:58 PM
[b]A little research provided the following information about the amount of money won by Pro Players in the last 3 years combined. This money is not bad at all, if you consider how the men have to hunt for tournaments in the US and abroad.

Efren Reyes...........$408,192.00
Earl Strickland.......$228,512.00
Francisco Bustamante..$210,060.00
Mika Immonen..........$209,787.00
Corey Deuel...........$207,058.00
Ralf Souquet..........$176,876.00
Fong-Pang Chao........$156,434.00
Johnny Archer.........$133,867.00

On the womens side, Allison and Karen have not left much for the remaining women pros. This is what came up.

Allison Fisher........$290,666.00
Karen Corr............$203,398.00
Jennifer Chen.........$94,011.00

This is only prize money. Who knows the amount received on sponsorships and side bets....

[b]<font color="blue">Billiards is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Nostroke
12-29-2002, 08:25 PM
Take out Efren and you have about a 60K average for the very best players-No benefits whatever. They are likely to have 15 year careers tops with maybe 5 years at this purportedly successful level. If they havent opened a pool room that is successful by then, the future will not be bright.

It stinks and it's hard to spin it any other way imho.

nAz
12-29-2002, 10:01 PM
wonder what the top is if you include endorsements, Women probably did better then men.

Harold Acosta
12-29-2002, 10:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> Take out Efren and you have about a 60K average for the very best players-No benefits whatever. They are likely to have 15 year careers tops with maybe 5 years at this purportedly successful level. If they havent opened a pool room that is successful by then, the future will not be bright.

It stinks and it's hard to spin it any other way imho. <hr /></blockquote>

You do have a point...

[b]<font color="blue">Billiards is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>

Scott Lee
12-30-2002, 12:41 AM
Earl has the best deal, as far as endorsements go. His contract with Cuetec pays him 100K per year. Plus he gets extra when he wins a tournament. No other players (U.S.) approach that figure, in terms of endorsement dollars. Ms. Fisher reportedly gets half that much for her endorsement of Cuetec. Both Cory and Johnny have just signed deals with Cuestix to endorse cue lines made with their names behind them. Naturally, the cues for all four of these players are all made in China.

Scott Lee

Ralph S.
12-30-2002, 12:53 AM
It seems kind of funny how on the womens side that Jeanette Lee is missing from the top 3 but is still most likely the most marketed out of the men and women.
Ralph S.

snipershot
12-30-2002, 01:08 AM
This isn't as much money as i thought they made, it would sure help if there were more tournaments out there for them too choose from.

As for endorsments, these are all some of the top players in the world so they probably get pretty good deals out of that.

nAz
12-30-2002, 01:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Naturally, the cues for all four of these players are all made in China.
Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

lol yes made in china @ a cost of probably $10 each, guess thats how they can afford the endorsement.

12-30-2002, 02:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Naturally, the cues for all four of these players are all made in China.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

funny you should mention that. a lot of the best players in the best league here are chinese as is a growing part of this city. the future of pool is probably asian as that's where the interest, and the money, is.

yes? no??

dan

bigbro6060
12-30-2002, 03:03 AM
i think these figures are pathetic ! Efren averages only around 140K a year and he's the best in the world ! an Nba Towel boy probably makes as much

The Top UK SNooker players would easily be breaking 1 million US dollars a year.

Rich R.
12-30-2002, 05:26 AM
If you factor in all the travel expenses these players must have, they are not making much of a living off tournament winnings. Endorsements, and maybe some gambling, allow them to survive.

Scott Lee
12-31-2002, 01:06 AM
dan...Well, they DO have a BILLION people over there! However, most of 'em only make about $100 a YEAR! LOL
On the flipside, capitalism is alive and well in China, and many nations (ours included) have moved much of their manufacturing overseas to take advantage of the cheap labor force.

Scott

Bob
12-31-2002, 01:57 AM
Jeanette Lee has a huge firm that markets her services for an astronomical amount of money. I was interested in obtaining her services for an event until I found out her asking price. My question is the same, where is her standing in endorsements?

Cueless Joey
12-31-2002, 03:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob:</font><hr> Jeanette Lee has a huge firm that markets her services for an astronomical amount of money. I was interested in obtaining her services for an event until I found out her asking price. My question is the same, where is her standing in endorsements? <hr /></blockquote>
Not all that great I think. Her huge contract from Mcdermott was cancelled by Mcd. I believe Allison Fisher's Cuetec contract is the largest among the ladies.

Scott Lee
12-31-2002, 08:46 PM
I don't know about a "huge" firm, but Jeanette does have an agent, and Debra and I have spoken on a couple of occasions regarding Jeanette. Her fee is the highest of ANY of the poolplayers, male or female...by FAR. Few people choose to pay that fee. She has done a few corporate gigs at that rate...and at her daily rate, once a month is more by FAR then she is making from playing pool. However, I doubt she is even THAT busy! More power to her though...if you can sell yourself that high, and GET it, good for you! I charge less than 1/5 of her fee, and work 10x more often.
I prefer the steady income for me. But like I said...if she can GET it...good for her! As far as her endorsements, the figure I have heard is somewhere close to 40-50K/yr with Imperial. That's her only real significant endorsement. She never cashed in on the deal she had signed with McDermott, which they cancelled after one year (of a 4-year deal), claiming that nobody knew who she was (amonth other reasons). I personally thought that was ludicrous, as I travel all over the country, and EVERYONE knows who she is. They might not know her exact name, but they KNOW who she is! The Black Widow, Jeanette Lee, that chinese girl with the black hair (she's Korean heritage)...
but they KNOW who she is.

Scott Lee

Harold Acosta
12-31-2002, 09:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> It seems kind of funny how on the womens side that Jeanette Lee is missing from the top 3 but is still most likely the most marketed out of the men and women.
Ralph S. <hr /></blockquote>

Jeanette Lee makes the top 6th with $22,666.00 for 2000, $38,900.00 for 2001, and a mere $19,400.00 for 2002. Total money in last 3 years = $80,966.00

#### leonard
12-31-2002, 09:32 PM
I have a video of Stephen Hendry playing Snooker and the announcer informs the audience that Hendry has winnings in excess of 12 million British pounds or 20 million american dollars.####

eg8r
01-01-2003, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you factor in all the travel expenses these players must have, they are not making much of a living off tournament winnings. Endorsements, and maybe some gambling, allow them to survive. <hr /></blockquote>
Surely you don't think Efren is paying all those expenses. I thought Puyat (sp?) paid for everything. I know not everyone is Efren but shouldn't the top players get that type of sponsorship?

eg8r

Rich R.
01-01-2003, 07:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Surely you don't think Efren is paying all those expenses. I thought Puyat (sp?) paid for everything. I know not everyone is Efren but shouldn't the top players get that type of sponsorship?

eg8r
<hr /></blockquote>
I agree that Efren, most likely, does not pay his travel expenses. However, he is the exception, not the rule.
Most players do not have such lucrative contracts. Most, if they are lucky, get free equipment and maybe a little cash.