PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye!

02-17-2002, 12:59 PM
This format stinks!

What happened to all the messages from 2 days ago? Why did they change to this format??

Goodbye everyone.

Barbara

LC3
02-17-2002, 01:12 PM
Barbara, not so fast. Once we get acclimated to the new scenery and get back to business as usual, we'll be okay. As I said in another thread, register your user name, then play with the preferences. It still won't be the old board, but you should be able to find something you can work with.

TomBrooklyn
02-17-2002, 01:13 PM
Ok. I'm staying here. I'll be all alone except for when Patrick and bernie stops in. I'll give all kinds of wrong advice, and they'll be no-one here to correct me. I'll pop over to playpool sometimes and say hello. Tom

jjinfla
02-17-2002, 04:14 PM
How did Barbara get her name on here if she did not register? And I registered and made a post but did not get my name on here? Or is it on now? Jake

jjinfla
02-17-2002, 04:16 PM
Okay. So I was wrong again and my name is now on here. I guess the first post doesn't get a name. But I like the idea where you can check a post before posting it. That should eliminate blank posts. jake

02-19-2002, 12:15 AM
Barbara, I was told we switched formats because the old one had too many "patches" (whatever that means; remember, I know virtually nothing about computers). I'm not crazy about this format either, but I'll miss your posts, and Dick Leonard's too.

My e-mail address is felsgeorge@hotmail.com. Don't be a stranger. GF

Tom_In_Cincy
02-19-2002, 01:56 PM
George, Patches are additions to software that make the application work better. Kinka like tune-ups for cars..
This new format has lots of good features that can be really useful in explaing shots and "what Ifs".

Remember when Barbara was experimenting with new TIPS? I thought she would be more open to this new format.. Maybe its the sudden change.. no one usually likes it.

Looking forward to your posts in the future.