PDA

View Full Version : Golden Cue closing???????????????/

cueball1950
12-30-2002, 08:58 PM
I read Frans post about the Golden Cue closing and i went right to the phone and called Mike Zuglan from the Joss tour and asked him if that tournament was cancelled. Mike told me; Yes the place is currently being sold but that the new owners have assured him that the vtournament will go on as scheduled. And that there will be some remodeling. But like Mike said. That is the answer today. Nobody knows what tomorrows answer will be after it is sold and all legal like. I like going to the tournaments there. Last year i actually got to meet Fran there. What a nice sweet person. And welcome back Fran. We have all missed you dearly. You have good answers to alot of the questions that i find helpful...................................Mike

Fran Crimi
12-31-2002, 01:03 AM
Hi Mike,

How YOU doing? I remember you well. It's true, we were told it's going to be bowling and "some pool." As soon as we heard "bowling", we all said fuhgedaboudit. Have you ever played pool in a bowling alley? I have.

Fran

#### leonard
12-31-2002, 05:05 PM
Fran the best poolroom/bowling alleys were owned by the owners of Olympic bowl in Rochester. They owned the lanes where they booked Neil Diamond before he made it big. Due to not being allowed to have liquor in poolrooms, their poolrooms adjoined the lanes so none of the noise filtered in. The decor of the poolrooms would still stand tall forty years later. ####