PDA

View Full Version : What was Pocket size M. Cup? & Happy New Year All!

Gayle in MD
12-30-2002, 11:48 PM
Does anyone know what the pocket size was in London? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I think it would be interesting if the announcers told us what the pocket sizes were at the various tournaments. Those pockets looked small. And how I wish the camera would zoom in close enough to give a better view of the english being used on the shots, or show more overhead shots. BTW, Happy New Year All! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Gayle in Md.

Predator
12-31-2002, 12:17 AM
I know what you mean Gayle, the camera angles weren't the best they could have been. I liked how the announcer was trying to really fill everyone in on what was happening, but, he got a little too exited a few times and it got on my nerves. He also used the word "shite" a few times when the European team would make a mistake. The pool terms he used weren't very clear to those who are new to the game. He kept calling the break, the "breakout". Instead of saying "pocket the ball", he would use the snooker term of "potted". I wish they could all get on the same page as us!

CarolNYC
12-31-2002, 04:41 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm,
A,B,C,D cup? Wondering what Gayle is inquiring,ha ha ha(just kidding)-honestly do not know=
Have a Great New Year!
Carol

Icon of Sin
12-31-2002, 06:51 AM
those pockets did look rather small, plus the way our world champion Earl shot made them seem even smaller...

Kato
12-31-2002, 09:47 AM
Really? I didn't think so. There were definitely shots made that could not be made where I play. More than several times did someone make a ball up the rail that shouldn't have gone.

Kato

Ross
12-31-2002, 11:49 AM
Kato, I may be wrong, but I think the pockets were very tight. However, because of the new cloth, pocket-speed shots could clip the rail pretty far up and still fall. We saw the same thing at the TV table at the US Open. My guess is that after a couple of weeks of wear those tables would be punishing.

Kato
12-31-2002, 12:24 PM
Fair enough Ross, you're probably right. It's always the newness of the cloth that does it. I'd like to know the stats on those pockets though as well.

Kato

#### leonard
12-31-2002, 05:10 PM
Carol I think pool is one game where you want A cups. ####

Gayle in MD
01-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Thanks for responding folks. ####Leonard, very revealing comment, LOL! I thought the Pockets looked tight, and the way the balls rattled several times, reminded me of my table pockets, (4 9/16, and with a deep shelf) Anyway, wonder if there is a way we could find out what the pocket size was. Happy New Year Leonard, and to you all!
Gayle in Md.

#### leonard
01-02-2003, 07:55 AM
Gayle Happy New Year to you and everyone. That A cup brought back a memory from old. I would play at RPI student union. There was a black girl who worked there, who loved pool and played good pool, her only drawback was her large cup size. There was no way or her to bend over and stroke without interference. It was like trying to teach Dolly Parton to shoot pool. She was the spitting image of the female Al Roker with the same personality as Al. ####

CarolNYC
01-02-2003, 08:16 AM
Leonard,
Ha ha ha ha-boy would I have liked to be as fortunate, then maybe my "JUMPING UP" wouldnt have been so easy with all that weight holding me down and I would have had alot less "headbumps" from Fran!ha ha ha ha
Carol~happy with the way I am:):):):):)

#### leonard
01-02-2003, 10:04 AM
Carol the secret to keeping your head down is to always pose for a picture when you hit the cueball. That will save Frans head.####

CarolNYC
01-03-2003, 05:13 AM
Good morning Leonard,
I'll remember that!Absolutely!:)
Carol~also "just making the ball"ha ha ha ha