PDA

View Full Version : Simonis 860

JoePickens
12-31-2002, 05:52 PM
My son bought a new table with Simonis cloth and he asked me if there is a certain way to brush the cloth. All I could say was...duh???

Does anyone know if this cloth should be treated differently than any other kind?

Thanks,
Joe Pickens

cheesemouse
12-31-2002, 05:57 PM
Joe, Just make sure you brush it the same direction all the time, most brush from the break end toward the rack end.

Tom_In_Cincy
12-31-2002, 07:11 PM
Take Cheesemouse's advice.. its ture.. I worked in a pool hall and we had 860. I was instructed to brush it from the headstring towards the rack and in that direction only. It works very well in keeping the fuzzy stuff from showing. If for no other reason.. its a good habit to get into for any cloth.

JoePickens
12-31-2002, 09:04 PM
Thanks guys...I appreciate the help.

Joe

jjinfla
01-01-2003, 08:24 AM
Is that the 860 or the 860HR? And how do you like it? But to get the real skinny give Simonis a call at 1-800-simonis. I have always thought that brushing in one direction was the proper way to brush cloth but never did see it in writing anywhere. But with all the new advancements in fibers/cloth it just might not matter. So let us know what you find out when you call them. Jake

cheesemouse
01-01-2003, 09:18 AM
jjinfla,
What is 860HR???

Fred Agnir
01-01-2003, 12:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> jjinfla,
What is 860HR??? <hr /></blockquote>
Humidity Resistant, IIRC. I don't know if they still make this.

Fred

JoePickens
01-02-2003, 09:46 AM
I called 1-800-Simonis and asked what they recommend for the care of the 860 cloth. The lady that took my call said to use a brush with soft bristles. If there is a chalk build-up then to use a small hand vacuum such as a Dust Buster to clean the cloth. She said it didn't matter which end to brush first, but I think I will listen to you guys on this and brush toward the rack end.

Thanks again for everyone's advice.

Joe

Ken
01-02-2003, 11:32 AM
You're only 160 miles from Louisville so why not go down to the Derby City Classic and ask Greg from Diamond to demonstrate the best method. I believe he's the one who invented the cloth.

I would be very skeptical of anything a lady who answers the phone at Simonis might tell me.
KenCT

SPetty
01-02-2003, 07:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr> I would be very skeptical of anything a lady who answers the phone at Simonis might tell me.<hr /></blockquote>Hi Ken,

I don't understand what you mean by this statement - you're skeptical of the recommendation that's directly from the company who makes the cloth? I must be missing something...

Rod
01-02-2003, 08:29 PM
No he is sceptical of the lady answering the phone. LOL Actually she is right the cloth can be brushed either direction since it is non-directional. On the old directional cloth it was brushed head to foot. The cloth was installed with nap in that direction. I don't think thats critical on todays cloth but it can't hurt.