PDA

View Full Version : Post your 'DRILL of the DAY' !

bigbro6060
01-01-2003, 01:54 PM
An open thread for everyone to post a 'drill of the day'. Can be a drill about any aspect of the game /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'll start

START(
%A\6Z3%Dt4Z1%J\8D6%Lt8D6%NE0Z0%OD7D7%P\7O3%eB9a4

)END

This one is for draw control. Balls are 2 inches from the pocket. Starting with any ball, you pot the balls in clockwise order (the numbers on the ball mean nothing, it's about going clockwise around the different pockets. Cueball CANNOT touch any cushion. See how you go /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bigbro6060
01-02-2003, 08:41 PM
cmon guys, post some drills, pleze, pretty pleze /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
01-02-2003, 08:51 PM
I've got one. This one ensures that your stroking straight and have everything lined up correctly. It's a straight in shot. Most people might think that it is too easy, but it sure keeps me in check. 7 racks of these makes sure that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be and getting the kinks out.

START(
%IO2I1%Pj5T7%WP2I7%Xi4T0%eB8b4

)END

Heide

Tom_In_Cincy
01-02-2003, 09:02 PM
Bigbro.
I have some 'stroke' drills on my website.. nothing fancy.. but if you can make them.. you know that your stroke is working.. www.geocities.com/cincytom314 (http://www.geocities.com/cincytom314)

bigbro6060
01-02-2003, 09:15 PM
cool thanc Tom, i'll check em out /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rod
01-02-2003, 09:57 PM
Heide, after 7 racks I can't imagine there would be many kinks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've got one similar. I was shooting this at the close of last year. Long time ago.LOL Shoot this shot from both sides of the table. Draw the cue ball back to pos A give or take a 1/2 diamond. Make it ten times both ways or start over. One can always alter the distance of the o/b, c/b, or both in the begining.
START(
%AO2E5%Il9N8%Pg5I1%Qg0F9%WD0C8%Xf7I0%eB8b4

)END

Here is another except with an angle. Either shot comes up all the time. Its just the distance and a little angle varaition that makes them different. This one is best played to B on the cushion stopping near C. Once again it can be played at different distances.
START(
%AO2E5%Il9N8%Pg8R9%R`3[3%Sf8U2%WP9F3%Xg7S1%eB8b4

)END

Here is another that I think is very useful. Play three rail position. This can be shot two rails. Leave an angle on the three for position on the 5. It is much easier if you leave the c/b on the same side as the three. Shots like this come up quite a bit and I usually see mistakes here.
START(
%AN2E5%CS9E2%Eq0O2%G^8E4%Il9N8%PY9I7%Rb4_1%Sa3_1%U Z4J5%VI0[6
%WO2C9%XO5D9%YD1U3%ZN7C7%[G1Z7%\C1V4%eA4`7
)END

Here is a warm up drill. Shoot half of the balls to pocket A. Slow, near or just above pocket speed, don't touch the rail with the o/b. Shoot the rest in the opposite direction into B. Each time make sure of a good follow thru even at the slow speed. After 3 or 4 times each direction put a little speed behind it. It's a good warm up drill for aim, alignment and stroke. After a while you can fire them in if you choose. You'll really appreciate this drill when you get one of these cuts down the rail for easy position or a win.
START(
%Ag4E6%Pm2G3%QB8C4%Rr3C7%Sa3_1%UN4\2%VI0[6%YH7\2%ZY9\4%[G1Z7
%\C1V4%eA4`7
)END
I was left with one much more severe at the begining of a tournament. I drilled it and never looked back. It's good to be confident and similar shots can give me a problem.

Terry
01-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Hi Rod, your last drill is one I always do before a tournament and it is a must for your confidence on the cut shots up the long rail. The first drill I do is CB on the headstring and OB near the center spot, stop shots. I never warmup by playing someone a game unless I have no choice. Terry

silverbullet
01-06-2003, 01:11 PM
I like to do 3-4 ball position (easy shots /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif) drills with the paper on the table to represent desired zones to land in. I also like to practice shooting off the rail and over balls. I like the drill for draw in straight in as well as draw with tangent line.

I know. my drills are easy stuff for you guys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

bw

Rod
01-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Hi Terry,

I always thought is was a very good drill for warm up. Varietys of those shots come up every game whether it be down the long rail or at a shorter distance. If you think about it how many times during an average game does one cut a ball down any rail. Glad you like it to. I don't care to warm up with anyone either. Time permitting I'll go somewhere else to warm up for a tournament. Then go to the tournament and hit a few balls to get the speed of the tables.

smfsrca
01-06-2003, 02:22 PM
START(
%AP0D0%BO4P6%EO4M2%FO0Z3%JO7J1%KO1W6%MO4T1%OO8G1%P]9O7%eB9a4
)END
Line up any number of balls along the foot spot line (8 are shown). Starting from behind the center line shoot each ball into either corner pocket bringing the cue ball back behind the center line each time until you have sunk all of the balls.
If you fail to get the cue ball back to the center line then start the drill over again from the beginning until you get it right.

Steve in CA

jjinfla
01-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Pooltutor has some nice drills.

easypooltutor.com/lessons.php

But when the pop up ads come on just ignore them and don't try closing them or else you will be trying to close them forever. Just scroll down to the drill section. Jake