PDA

View Full Version : "Players" cue, predator shaft!

01-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Ok, this is wierd, but I bought a "Players" cue the other day for $60.00 cause I wanted to try a stick that has a metal joint. I've always used wood-to-wood joints and sneaky petes.

Anyhow, as it turns out, my predator shaft that was for my Meucci fits perfectly on the players cue. So it's kinda cool, I have a stick that has a metal joint, and a good shaft.

Of course Players' cues are low-end model cheap cues.. and it's a little butt heavy.. but it still hits pretty nice with the predator shaft. I can, of course, use my other Meucci shaft with it if I wanted to.. (but why would i wanna do that?)

Just thought I'd mention that.

Harold Acosta
01-02-2003, 04:13 PM
If the cue is "butt" heavy, you can remove the bolt. Some bolts are steel, others alluminum, some long, some short. Your dealer may be able to get any size bolt you may need to "lighten" up the cue.

[b]<font color="blue">Billiards is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Rod
01-02-2003, 04:49 PM
Yes you sure can Harold. If it's steel the original bolt can be cut off some if long enough. One has to be careful to go in small steps. I say steel because it would be kind of pointless on an aluminum screw. Hey and not even a word about the Pred, your slipping Harold. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

01-02-2003, 05:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Hey and not even a word about the Pred, your slipping Harold. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

yup, i was sure harold would suggest he lighten the cue by throwing away that nasty old pred shaft.

dan

Harold Acosta
01-02-2003, 10:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Yes you sure can Harold. If it's steel the original bolt can be cut off some if long enough. One has to be careful to go in small steps. I say steel because it would be kind of pointless on an aluminum screw. Hey and not even a word about the Pred, your slipping Harold. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

[b]Ha! Gotcha Rod! Bet you thought I was gonna trash the "Predator" again! No need for that since Seattle-Kid may know by now I hate those darn things! HO, HO, HO!

Houston Dan: For a moment there, I thought you were a "psychic", reading my mind! However, "Seattle-Kid" needed advice on the "Players" cue, not the Predator, so I had to "strongly" contain myself! LOL!

[b]<font color="blue">Billiards is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

01-03-2003, 11:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Yes you sure can Harold. If it's steel the original bolt can be cut off some if long enough. One has to be careful to go in small steps. I say steel because it would be kind of pointless on an aluminum screw. Hey and not even a word about the Pred, your slipping Harold. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

[b]Ha! Gotcha Rod! Bet you thought I was gonna trash the "Predator" again! No need for that since Seattle-Kid may know by now I hate those darn things! HO, HO, HO!

Houston Dan: For a moment there, I thought you were a "psychic", reading my mind! However, "Seattle-Kid" needed advice on the "Players" cue, not the Predator, so I had to "strongly" contain myself! LOL!

http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hmm.. and here I thought this setup was like putting triple gold daytons on a pinto. :&gt;

personally, I like the predator shaft alot. Mostly because it's stiffer than the meucci shaft. Although I'd play with a viking shaft over all of 'em thus far.

Popcorn
01-03-2003, 12:39 PM
It is funny what can make up a good feeling cue to you. Years ago, there was not very many cuemakers and you often made up a cue yourself by mixing and matching butts and shafts. You never saw anybody with a butt and shaft that matched. I once had an old Viking cue I got somewhere. I did not like it at all. One day for some reason I started trying a few different shafts on the cue and found a combination that felt pretty good. I played with the cue but it was a little to fat, so I took off the wrap. I had planed to just have a cue to play in bars with, but it was amazing. The removal of the wrap dropped the weight about a half ounce, probably did something to the balance as well and with the thinner handle the cue felt perfect. I used it just as it was for few years, and not just in bars. The butt was junk and the shaft was nothing special, but together the total was much greater then the sum of the parts. It goes to show you how chancy it is trying to get a cue that becomes part of you. I have had dozens of cues made, but very rarely liked them. The chance that the cue you order and so excitedly wait for will be the magic cue, is remote. Almost all my most favorite cues have been bought second hand. If you pick up a cue and really, really like it, buy it. Even if you have to pay more then the cue was new, buy it, really good ones, At least as they relate to you, are just too hard to come by. It is a very individual thing.