PDA

View Full Version : Playing Partners For The Cash

Sid_Vicious
01-02-2003, 02:40 PM
You're playing partners 9-ball, "so much $$" a man. Do you let your partner alter your regular game, when they vocalize to you to, say,,,play safe more than usual? Or do you get the rythm you are used to playing and stick with it? Thanks, sid

snipershot
01-02-2003, 02:49 PM
I'm not 100% sure on this one, I've played partners 9-Ball in the past, but not for money. I would probably play my regular style of game instead of playing a different style that I'm not used to or not good at. Go with whatever gives you the best chance at winning the cash though.

nAz
01-02-2003, 02:50 PM
depends if I'm playing scotch doubles i tend to be thrown off by my partners, i can't get into a good rhythm a lot, and i worry about leaving them a difficult shot so i try to get perfect all the time instead of just leaving them a good shot. If my partner wants me to play safe half the time i do it just to shut him/her up /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
if it's partners and i shoot till i miss then i like most people probably get going a lot easier.

Rod
01-02-2003, 04:10 PM
Hi Sid,
I just play my normal game but I have to consider the angle I leave my partner. Depending on skill levels that has to be considered. I've found many times unless you take the time for a full explanation it can go sour. That makes the games too long. Most of the time it's better if each just plays there own games. What might be easy/easier for one to do is difficult for another. What I will do at times is a short explanation giving them an option, it's up to them from there.

01-02-2003, 04:34 PM
If you and your partner are of equal ability I recommend you both play normal but discuss why you shot a specific shot in a certain manner. If you are the better partner you must alter your game and encourage your partner to concentrate more on pocketing the ball and less on shape assuming you will be able to get back in-line easier than he/she. If your partner is better I would take their advice but be sure to point out when you are uncomfortable with their suggestion and why. I used to shoot scotch doubles with Mark Coates and our styles meshed so well we beat teams who seperately should beat us but together we took home the cash. Synergy is as important as skill in partners.

Jimbo

Sid_Vicious
01-02-2003, 04:37 PM
The format is simply partners, not scotch doubles...sid

wolfsburg2
01-03-2003, 06:44 AM
among my friends i am the best player by a pretty good margin. so when we play partners, i am the dominant partner, as far as advice and shot selection etc. it is hard though palying partners, because draw, english etc. are much easier for me to execute than them