PDA

View Full Version : Cue question

Hopster
01-02-2003, 04:32 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Helmsteter cues ? if so i would like some feedback as i am thinking of getting one and before i throw $300 and change out there i might as well ask the people who know .
Also does anyone have any experience with Schmelke,s sneaky petes and are they any good.
Any observations will be appreciated.

01-04-2003, 04:24 PM
If you are going to spend that kind of money, check out these cues:

http://www.tampabilliards.com/products/cuesnsupplies/

I guarantee these are great cues!

Roxy

DEADSTOKE32
01-04-2003, 05:33 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif ok for 300 you can get a nice custom cue for that money.i say go for some thing like custom cues.if you need more help just drop a line.And i get you some good names.
Or just drop a post out here to MrBlackhartcues .Now me makes a sweet looking cue for that price i think.
BUT good luck Happy hunting........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
01-05-2003, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hopster:</font><hr> Does anyone have any experience with Helmsteter cues ? if so i would like some feedback as i am thinking of getting one and before i throw $300 and change out there i might as well ask the people who know .<hr /></blockquote>

Good cue, like many others. If you like the Helmstetter, you may also want to look at the George Balabushka series. They're from the same company, Adam Cues (Dick Helmstetter).

If you're willing to spend $300 on a production cue (and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that), I would suggest you consider a Joss Ltd. (Dan Janes).

[ QUOTE ]
Also does anyone have any experience with Schmelke,s sneaky petes and are they any good.
Any observations will be appreciated. <hr /></blockquote>
I'd stay away from the superjoint. IMO, it's just too much metal for a joint. I've hit with a couple of Schmelkes, and in a word, they sucked. That's two words. I'm feeling generous today.

The best production sneaky pete that I've had the privilege of shooting with is a Huebler SP. For no particular reason other than it felt good to me. It's all subjective of course.

Fred

Hopster
01-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Thanks, thats what im going to do. Get a low end Balabushka and my old lady likes the way the Adams cues look, so i guess im going to get soaked for another $150. lol