PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Malls vs. Playing Pool

rackmup
01-02-2003, 07:19 PM
My 14 year old daughter has been here since December 23rd. Sadly, her ten-day "Texas Run" has passed and I had to put her on a plane back to Phoenix today.

We have been shopping non-stop. Not for me mind you. For her. I've been exposed to every teen trend there is: Pants, skirts, jeans, shirts, shoes, CD's, belts, the "lingo", endless hours on her new cell phone with her "boyfriend" and I haven't been able to get near my computer or a pool table for ten days.

I tried playing for a couple of hours yesterday but wouldn't have been able to hit the ocean with a rock if you waded me in waist deep! My lack of practice has caught up to me and I have no one to blame but my little girl.

I asked if we could go play; she said she would rather "go to the mall."

I explained that I needed to practice to "get better"; she replied she would rather "go to a movie."

I told her they had wings and fries at the pool hall; she said she wanted "mexican food."

My games sucks worse that ever, all thanks to her wanting to spend time with "her Daddy."

Pool vs. Shopping with the daughter:

I wish I had her back. I wish she could have stayed another month. Shoot, TWO MONTHS! I can always find time for pool.

Childhood, "I need to ask you about_____, Daddy, can you help me?" questions, and "Dad, I love you" go away all too fast.

Hug your kids. Do it now. They grow up really fast.

Regards,

Ken (really missing being a full-time Dad.)

Karatemom
01-02-2003, 08:36 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your daughter, Ken. It's too bad she can't live closer, all the more reason to enjoy the time you do get with her, even if it is at the mall, /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I would definitely say that family comes before pool. You'll always have time for pool, but it's not everyday that you get to spend time with your favorite girl. Glad that your holidays were cheery!

Heide