PDA

View Full Version : Very Strange

Rod
01-03-2003, 11:56 AM
In Sid's post, how long have you been playing. I see there are 2 new replies today. They don't show up when I open the link. I was off to another site and when I come back it says 3 new replies. They still don't show up. Nothing in there is dated 1/3. Where are these messages? Are they in the Twlight Zone? Anybody else see this, or am I being singled out? weird /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sid_Vicious
01-03-2003, 12:21 PM
I find that when I look in the stack of the thread, that the 01/03 posts are not there either. If I do a search of the past week's messages they do come in. Do you not see posts from today by doing an experimental search???sid~~~the server probably ain't doing something to well today

SPetty
01-03-2003, 12:37 PM
Hi Rod,

They're coming in just fine for me. Maybe you need to turn the page? JAT

Sid_Vicious
01-03-2003, 12:51 PM
My page containing the post(say Fred's last one to the thread) show's the correct time on Fred's header, but not an indication in the stack below that it even exists, it ALWAYS has shown up there as well before. Tell me, where is there a turn page button at that level? I don't see it, nor have I ever as far as I can remember...sid

SPetty
01-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Well, here's a thought - try flat mode rather than threaded. Maybe that's the difference.

Sid_Vicious
01-03-2003, 01:11 PM
That does work ok, but it doesn't make sense why the threaded changed to not working as it always has...sid

phil in sofla
01-03-2003, 01:30 PM
Your browser's cache may be involved, bringing you the cached version instead of the new page.

Try going to the page in threaded mode as usual, and then ordering up a reload of the page from the server.

Then you may want to change your browser setting as to cache, to check a page EVERY time, not just the first time, it loads.

Sid_Vicious
01-03-2003, 01:46 PM
Do me a favor Phil, look at that thread about the definition of how long you've played, in threaded mode. Does yours exhibit the 1-3-03 posts? I tried what you said about the cache and reloaded...nada, just the same. Maybe it's just this one thread. Let me know what you find. Thanks,,,sid~~~off to lose some money(Wal-Mart shopping bigtime) and then to the PH

Rod
01-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Sid,
Yes buy doing a search there are three in there from today. However there not there just by clicking on the link on the main page. Weird. I've been off the site back on and no difference. I have refreshed several times still the same. Phil setting is and has been, every visit to the page. In tools I deleted the files, cache. It's set to clear those everytime IE is closed, I use TweakUi for that. It's not a big deal but it is weird. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Every other link on the page is normal. I feel like that guy in Twilight Zone on a train that lets him off at ?Ville. What was that town anyway? LOL Like you Sid, I think the server missed breakfast. Well Sid I ain't crazy after all!

~~ rod knows people may question that last remark /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara
01-03-2003, 05:16 PM
I seem to be seeing (not!) the same problem with the same thread as you do, Rod.

Do not adjust your set, it's not just you...

Barbara~~~only had one shot so far /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vagabond
01-03-2003, 06:16 PM
Howdy Rod,
It happened to me many times.That is why I call this computers neurotic.When it plays tricks on me I play it back on it.I do not throw it against the wall.If I could open one message of that thread then I put it on Flat mode then all the critters hiding under the rock come out.Tit for tat! Lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Vagabond

Rod
01-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Hi Vagabond,
No I never throw. I've never thrown my cue even though I know it was a fault! LOL I played a trick on my puter today, I renamed a file so it could not find it. Flat mode well I guess I like opening the envelope more often. Those three messages are still not shown on my screen. Yea there under the rock. Gotta be careful of finding critters under those rocks! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif