PDA

View Full Version : Strange Occurrences

Rod
01-03-2003, 06:58 PM
My post in the other forum got me to thinking. I know it's dangerous.

One day at the automotive store I received a call. It just so happens that a competitor 4 miles from me received the same call at the same time. There was three of us on the line and all a bit confused. I asked the customer who he called and he said my store. I immediately asked how I could help him and the other fellow got off the line.

Now this is a little strange that the call went to two different automotive companies, let alone the three way call. I mean why not another type of business or a residence? Now if it was the days of the party line I'd understand. I can think of a few more. What strange things has happened to you that caught you off guard?

Fran Crimi
01-03-2003, 07:59 PM
Nah...nothing strange ever happens to me.

OK, here's one for you Rod. A couple of years ago, there was a message on my answering machine, a man's voice saying Fran, please call John at Henry Whoever's office (couldn't make out the last name), right away. I figured it was a lesson inquiry. Made the call back and I thought the woman said "Mr. Kissinger's office," when she answered but I thought, "Naaa, I just didn't hear right." I asked for John, who came on the line and said that he's been trying to send me a secure fax from Mr. Kissinger but it's not going through. I said, "HUH? Mr. Kissinger who?" He said, "Henry Kissinger." I yelled, "THE Henry Kissinger"? He said, "Yes, I'm the head of security for Mr. Kissinger and he gave me your number to forward the secure fax. Now please turn your fax machine on immediately so I can get this to you."

I said. "No! Wait! Hold it! You've got the wrong person!" I'm thinking, if they send me this fax, they're gonna have to kill me once they realize they've got the wrong person. So I asked him, how'd you get my name? He said from my answering machine. Mr. Kissinger never gives him names, only numbers. We double checked the phone number and it matched. I'm thinking this is sounding worse and worse by the minute.

So we went back and forth on this and the guy just kept insisting that he had to send me this fax. Finally I said, "Look, go back and ask Mr. Kissinger if he's looking for a pool lesson because that's what I do. If he says he wants a pool lesson then call me back and I'll turn on my fax machine." The guy was really confused but reluctantly agreed. He never called back.

I made the mistake of telling George Fels the story and he's been making crank calls to me as "Hank Kissinger" ever since.

Fran

Chris Cass
01-03-2003, 11:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHHA

Now that's funny. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

CarolNYC
01-04-2003, 05:24 AM
Rod,that is so weird,
And Fran,too funny!
My experience is kind of strange,funny and turned out to be true:
My brother use to call me, when he started on the police force, and disguise his voice stating he has picked up one of my daughters!I knew it was him and we'd laugh-well, one morning,I get a call stating my daughter is picked up and I have to go down to this truancy hall and pick her up-so,REAL sarcastic, I say"Yeah right,okay tell me where and I'll be there" and he says so and I just hang up on him!Having caller ID,I call back the number and ask for my brother,they never heard of him,ha ha ha ha,this was real-my daughter was outside the school during her lunch period and did not have her program card,so was picked up! OMG-I go get her and tell this police officer how sorry I was and why I behaved like I did-well, they all laughed, but ,Boy,did I give it to my brother-typical "Boy who cried wolf"!
Carol~learned a lesson!

Paul_Mon
01-04-2003, 10:14 AM
Carol,
Years ago the local radio station ran a contest where you needed to know the amount they were giving away. Once each hour they called a listener randomly from the phone book and if the listener knew the amount they win the cash. My mom was an avid listener and was always hoping to be called. I would call her on occasion and disguise my voice and pretend to be the DJ. She caught on after the first few times and eventually I stopped teasing her with this. Well, you guessed it the radio station really did call her and she knew the amount ($998). But she did not believe it. She went on and on about how I should stop teasing her. The DJ had to convince her that it was the real deal and not her "mean" son. The radio station ate it up and played it for months, her scolding me for teasing her. BTW, the day they called she was having carpeting installed that cost about $50 less than what she won.

Paul Mon

Sid_Vicious
01-04-2003, 11:39 AM
I believe you could write a book of your own on unusual occurances in your life Fran. Be it refirgerators passing you on the road or Henry Kissinger...that was a hoot!!!sid

Rod
01-04-2003, 03:54 PM
ha ha ha, very funny Fran. If it was during the Nixon admin you had plenty to be worried about! No wonder it was so screwed up then, they sent info to everyone. Ah our national security system at work.

Rod
01-04-2003, 04:35 PM
Carol, quite an eye opener. I'm not up on this stuff, you need a program card to get back into school? When I was in school, well it's been a while, LOL they programed the student to be in class. I think, well maybe I wasn't very programmable /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CarolNYC
01-08-2003, 04:52 AM
Hi Rod,
Sorry it took so long to reply!
Yes, you need to show proof that you go to the school and should not be hanging around outside the school unless you have lunch or study class(even then, there is no loitering)-they've increased the security immensely due to the tragic events that have occurred(within High Schools),local gangs,etc......its pretty intense and sad that this is how it has to be for the childrens own protection!
Stay well!
Carol:)

CarolNYC
01-08-2003, 04:58 AM
Thank Goodness they convinced her it was FOR REAL!ha ha ha ha-thats too funny!
On one of the radio stations here, they call people just to BUST their chops-some of the things they come up with are unbelievable and then the reactions of the people are tooooo funny!
Im happy for your Mom!:)
Carol

=k=
01-08-2003, 07:55 AM
rod this is my strange encounter. we were in the market for a welsh corgi pup and i looked in the paper on the internet for ads.. i wrote down the number and went and dialed it and told them i was inquiring about their ad for the corgi's, there was a pause and the lady asked where i got their number from and i told her and she said they were going to place a ad but hadn't done it yet.. but yes they did have a litter that was due to wean shortly.. we ended up with our koda! i went back and checked the ad number and yep i had another dilexla moment.