PDA

View Full Version : 'Blind Pocket' Pots

bigbro6060
01-04-2003, 12:39 AM
I don't use any aiming system, never had. It's always been about seeing the line of the shot and shooting. Same with blind pocket pots, i'm not bad at them, i pot them with a feel for the angle. They can be tough though and you usually don't want one on an 8ball or 9ball!

any tips for blind pocket pots aside from of course practising them /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JohnnyP
01-04-2003, 02:06 AM
What's a "blind pocket"?

ObeOne
01-04-2003, 03:04 AM
Aim the center of the cueball at the outside edge of the object ball. Easy as pie.

Popcorn
01-04-2003, 04:08 AM
I don't use any systems myself, but on a blind shot I will take a look at it from different angles to get a mental picture of the shot. I would never just get down and shoot it, even easy ones can be missed. If I remember right, that was the kind of shot Earl missed in the Mosconi cue.

phil in sofla
01-04-2003, 10:24 PM
When the cut angle on the ball is great enough that you cannot really see the target pocket at the same time you've lined up on the shot. That is, you'd have to turn your head a little off the line of the shot to see the pocket directly.

Some people like to see the whole shot as they're getting ready to shoot, including imagining seeing the ball go in the pocket. From the perspective of shooting that shot, you wouldn't see it go in.