PDA

View Full Version : I've reached oblivion...

cheesemouse
01-04-2003, 07:25 AM
This morning when I woke up the guy on the tube was showing the highlights of the college football national championship game. I not only didn't know it was being played I had no idea what teams were in it. The announcer then went on to show the top ten and I didn't have a clue...now I call that nirvana, the happy hunting grounds. I think I have finally achieved being in the upper percential of American males; I no longer live vicariously through others playing sports I no longer play. I was very pleased with myself for reaching this state of oblivion...then I started to think: "you know, this is what's wrong with the sport of POOL, the sport of pool can't even get The players of the sport to care about or keep track of who is the best in the sport". I know there are a few of us rare birds who know hot and who's not but when taken as a whole of the population of pool players we are rare indeed. As for people who don't play our sport knowing anything about the best in our sport, well, I think you know the answer to that question. I wonder why that is??? I wonder who's fault that is???

Alfie
01-04-2003, 08:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> I know there are a few of us rare birds who know hot and who's not but when taken as a whole of the population of pool players we are rare indeed. As for people who don't play our sport knowing anything about the best in our sport, well, I think you know the answer to that question. I wonder why that is??? I wonder who's fault that is??? <hr /></blockquote> Cheese, you make it sound like there is something wrong with it. Maybe the situation is just fine the way it is, like with you and those football teams.

Rod
01-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Cheese it's your fault for bringing it up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I quit keeping up with most sports some time ago. How can anyone get anything done sitting around. When I'm at the pool room and the guys or guy I'm playing start paying more attention to a basketball or whatever game I quit. That is just as thoughtless as someone who keeps getting calls on their cell phone. To answer the question their minds are somewhere else. It's not important to them who's who in pool. Just like I don't know a thing about basketball and don't care.