PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty Earl Chokes in Mosconi Cup

jjinfla
01-04-2003, 08:33 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifI have just finished watching the Mosconi Cup for the third time and it gets better with each viewing. The last game with Earl and Steve playing at hill hill was a real nail biter. Everyone seems to think that Earl choked on the 5 ball and came off to the wrong side for position on the 7 ball. And then he missed the cut on the 7 ball giving the game, match to Europe. Well my devious mind seems to think that Earl played that game exactly the way Earl wanted to play it. And it was his way of spanking his "team-mates" for their screwing (or use a more graphic word) him. I just believe that Earl is just too good a player to lose that cue ball the way he did with the 5. And sure, the 7 was a very hard cut. But was it really that hard for someone of Earl's capability? I think it was Earl's way of saying Uppa yours to the UPA. But then, who knows, maybe Earl really likes Charlie and his gang and he really did play poorly in that game. LOL So now the UPA players are the chumps instead of the champs. And next year Luke may come to Earl and ask him who he wants on the team next year. I look forward to the espionage skit next year. It should be great. Jake /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
01-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Who knows? You may be right! It would be a hell of a way to get back at the UPA......

on another note, I wonder if Earl "jung out" with the "UPPA boys" at the Mosconi....

[b]<font color="blue">Billiards is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

jjinfla
01-04-2003, 08:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> I wonder if Earl "jung out" with the "UPPA boys" at the Mosconi....
<hr /></blockquote> Corey appears to be more of a loner type who chases the skirts; Varner needs his rest, Jeremy I have no Idea, Archer is ..., well let's just say he is married. So that leaves Charlie. Somehow I just can't imagine Earl and Charlie together tossing down a few suds. Most likely Earl joined the European team for a few drinks and laughs. Jake