PDA

View Full Version : Derby City Classic

Tom_In_Cincy
01-05-2003, 09:16 PM
Lots of great players, Hall of Famer.. Nick Varner and Buddy Hall. Corey Deuel, Jose Parica, Johnny Brumback, Truman Houge, Danny Medina, Keith MaCready.. etc.

No Efren or Busty..

Mika and CW (no Robles)

357 entries into the 9 ball Banks. (last year there were only 260 entries)

300+ entries for the One Pocket event. (only 200+ last year)

at 5pm Sunday afternoon.. there were still 100+ players in the 9 ball Bank tournament.

I lost to a New Orleans PH owner that eventually beat Buddy Hall.

Bill Porter (fellow CCBer) is playing in the One Pocket event.

There are $20 mini tournaments on the 7 foot Diamonds (about 24 upstairs from the main tourny area) that go on as soon as they sign up 16 players.

30+ vendors (some of the best looking cues I've ever seen)

Lots of action.. one match had a winner of over $20K playing 9 ball banks on a 7 footer..

Ralph S.
01-05-2003, 10:40 PM
I will be getting down there Thursday Tom, I hope ther is still a lot gonna be happening then.
Masters Master

Rich R.
01-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the report Tom. Keep them coming for those of us at home. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Fred Agnir
01-06-2003, 07:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Lots of action.. <hr /></blockquote>
Any sightings of James Walden?

Fred

Bob_in_Cincy
01-06-2003, 11:04 AM
Hey Tom,

Are you goin' back down again?

Bob

Tom_In_Cincy
01-06-2003, 11:22 AM
Bob,

I'm not sure.. I have to find an alternate hotel. Seems like my Friday and Saturday reservations were cancelled by the Exex. West hotel.. they are over booked.. I had a my reservations, but they are not going to be honored because of the overbooking..

I will know more later this week

Greg/Diamond
01-07-2003, 02:27 PM
Tom,
I don't know who has given you this info. about the rooms. There are rooms available. Please call me at 812-989-6665 cell and I will straighten out your room problems.

Greg/DIAMOND

Tom_In_Cincy
01-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Gregm/Diamond
Thanks for the note.. I will give you a call on Friday.. Looks like you will straighten everything out for me.. Thanks again

dddd
01-07-2003, 06:24 PM
about midnight or close to it there were two action games side by side.
alex p and mc cready were playing 10 ball ahead seven
mc cready getting the 7 for 4000.
alex torched him the whole thing was over in less than a hour.

larry nevel and cliff joiner were playing one pocket ahead 5 for 2000 a set.
i didnt get to see the finish but when i left they were even, no one was ahead for long. i was getting tired and this was 2 am more or less.

on another note

truman destroyed parica in banks on the front table

i noticed many 5 and out in banks everyone was nailing them

there has been these two back in the chapel playing one pocket for days now. i played a match sunday and came back monday afternoon to play the second round and they were still there going at it. whew!

there is a onepocket mini tournament down on the 9 footers
playing one handed and 1000. added this is something to see

more news later im tired and in need of rest too many late nights in a row. will go back to check onepocket and see when i play next.
night
dennis

Fred Agnir
01-08-2003, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dddd:</font><hr> about midnight or close to it there were two action games side by side.
alex p and mc cready were playing 10 ball ahead seven
mc cready getting the 7<hr /></blockquote>
I love the action stories, but I'd suggest to use some discretion on exact dollar figures.

Fred

snipershot
01-08-2003, 08:18 PM
It's nice to see the number of player increase so much, it's even nicer to see someone around here pointing out something good for once instead of debating about problems related to the game.

01-08-2003, 11:47 PM
Tom-in-Cincy: Seeing as I play out of the PH in New Orleans that the guy you played owns, I've been looking everywhere for news updates as how he's doing, who he's playing, etc. . . The last I heard he finished in the top 32 in banks, and was still alive in the one-pocket with 40 players left. If you (or anyone) has any info as how the tournament is running down, I'd love to hear it.

Sorry you drew Jamie--he shoots real strong, especially in banks. Are you still in the tournament and how are you doing? Godd luck and shoot 'em straight!

BillPorter
01-09-2003, 07:27 AM
I watched Jamie play Mika Immonen in One-Pocket. Jamies lost 3 to 0. Mika played real strong.

01-09-2003, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the info. From what I've heard around the PH that would've knocked him out of the one-pocket. Oh well.

Is there anywhere on the net where I can find a tournament ladder/results? az billirads has some results/matchups, but not a whole lot.