PDA

View Full Version : Billiard Channel?

Perk
01-08-2003, 03:06 PM
I am getting ready to get Direct TV....I have heard people mention a Billiards channel. Does DirectTV have it? Or is that with DISH or some other form of cable?

How would I get it? And, is it worth it? Thanks in advance!

01-08-2003, 03:19 PM
We only wish...

No, I have DirecTV, and there is no Billiards Channel. Heck, we barely get decent coverage every once in awhile on ESPN/ESPN2 (with the exception of the Mosconi Cup coverage, which I unfortunately missed -- BTW, anybody got a tape of it they'd like to send me for a reasonable fee?)

What you probably heard of was a recent Billiards PPV event carried on Dish Network. I've heard mixed reviews, and it apparently didn't generate much revenue, so the future of Billiards PPV is unsure. But at least it's something...

David

Photoguy
01-08-2003, 03:37 PM
"Heck, we barely get decent coverage every once
in awhile on ESPN/ESPN2 (with the exception of the
Mosconi Cup coverage, which I unfortunately missed --"

Just Curious, If you didn't even see the Mosconi Cup, how can you assume it was decent coverage? There have been quite a few discussions on this board from people who actually did see the mosconi cup and the reviews were quite mixed . . .

01-08-2003, 04:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Photoguy:</font><hr> "Heck, we barely get decent coverage every once
in awhile on ESPN/ESPN2 (with the exception of the
Mosconi Cup coverage, which I unfortunately missed --"

Just Curious, If you didn't even see the Mosconi Cup, how can you assume it was decent coverage? There have been quite a few discussions on this board from people who actually did see the mosconi cup and the reviews were quite mixed . . . <hr /></blockquote>I meant "decent" in terms of quantity, not necessarily quality. Sorry, I should've been more clear. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, I've heard mixed reviews as well. The only part of it I've seen are the spots I get from my BCtv vZine subscription. The announcers really annoyed me during the short time I watched it. Just not used to that much "enthusiasm" during a tournament, I guess.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-09-2003, 07:53 AM
Some feller tried to start The Billiard Channel about 3 years ago. It never got off the ground. I'm pretty sure Scott Lee knows the guy.