PDA

View Full Version : Earl can't control these rocks........

Dafatman
01-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Just a note for those interested, Earl went through some surgery on his left kidney for severe kidney stones Wednesday morning. They removed two stones that were one inch by one and a half inches in size. They removed a bunch of little ones also and he will have to also go back to have his other kidney "blasted" for a bunch of little ones.

This has been bothering him for some time, and in November in the Phillipines he was passing blood and saw a doctor over there. He waited until after the Mosconi Cup to get checked out completely here in the states.

Any well wishers can just post up on this site, he'll see it.

He plans to be back in action in a couple of weeks.

JMD in VA
01-08-2003, 11:41 PM
Earl:

Sorry to hear about your surgery. You are in my prayers for a speedy recovery! Hope to see you at the US Open (to win #6),if not sooner.

JMD in VA

Don't beat him, Kick his Ass.

Chris Cass
01-09-2003, 12:58 AM
Earl,

If you do happen to visit this site. I wish you a healthy and speedy recovery. I feel for your pain and discomfort. I too a pool player feels, for every shooter that has to step away from the game for any length of time. God Bless.

Regards,

C.C.

nAz
01-09-2003, 01:41 AM
Hey Earl hope you get better fast, I want to see you out and about kicking some BUTT soon /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Player of the year for 2003??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Scott Lee
01-09-2003, 03:12 AM
Earl...Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Hope to see you winning a lot this year!

Scott Lee

jjinfla
01-09-2003, 05:29 AM
Ouch, ooo, ah, boy does that hurt. Just thinking about it. Time to add cranberry juice to your diet. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Jake

bucktoothbandit
01-09-2003, 08:51 AM
good luck Earl NC Sid

Kato
01-09-2003, 09:19 AM
Earl if you're reading I've been in the hospital twice for kidney stones, never had surgery though. I'll say this though, you're one tough hombre if you've had these pains for that long. Especially the size that is quoted. The pain must have been excrutiating at best.

Earl, I traveled to the U.S. Open this past year, definitely wanting to see you in action. You're a monster, complete monster on the table. Though I didn't get to meet you I did stand outside near you many times that week while you held court. You get a bum rap from lots of folks but you sure are fun to listen to.

Get well.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
01-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Hi Earl. Hope you have a speedy recovery. My sister has kidney stones too and she's been in and out of hospitals since last May. They're too big to blast so she has this tube thing inserted somewhere. Anyways...

I too was at the US Open in VA last September with my bud Kato and we really, really enjoyed watching you play. You definitely are a monster on the table and I love it! You were warming up once and when you were done, you went up to the Accustats booth. My friends were outside having a smoke and as I was going up the bleacher steps to go to my seat, I saw you up there, couldn't take my eyes off and fell down. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif I did it gracefully and no one noticed!

Wendy~~can't wait for this September again!

Wally_in_Cincy
01-09-2003, 12:33 PM
Mr. Strickland,

It's good to know you will only be out of action for a couple of weeks. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Did Charlie Williams send you a get-well card /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif or are you "resigned" to the fact that he will not be sending cards and flowers /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

From a fan,

Wally_in_Cincy
01-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Wendy,

You forgot to tell him to "CHAAAWWLK IT UP EARL !!!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

snipershot
01-09-2003, 10:28 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Earl, can't imagine the pain your in, good luck to a speedy recovery, just think of pool and it will take your mind off of it.

TomBrooklyn
01-10-2003, 06:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dafatman:</font><hr>Any well wishers can just post up on this site, he'll see it. <hr /></blockquote>Just see it? That seems to presuppose he won't respond. That would be weird.

silverbullet
01-10-2003, 08:54 PM
Earl,

Get well fast. Have really enjoyed seeing you play. I am sorry for the pain you are in. It is a tribute to your fierce determination that you were able to still play while in that much pain.

BW