PDA

View Full Version : PATRICK

bigbro6060
01-09-2003, 06:32 AM
Patrick has gone hasn't he ?

i only came to this board near the end of the patrick era

Reading through the archives, i have to ask

did you guys treat this guy seriously at all ?

was he in his own mind being serious or was he a deliberate troll ?

He spent a lot of time writing a lot of rubbish so either he had way too much spare time for trolling or he is mentally handicapped and believe he is right

nAz
01-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Patrick has gone joined the Raelian to have himself cloned /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bigbro6060
01-10-2003, 02:11 AM
anyone else remember patrick ?

eg8r
01-10-2003, 07:32 AM
I am sure no one has forgotten Patrick. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

To me personally, he was annoying but everyone has the right to post so I just skipped past his posts.

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
01-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Mmmm. I saw Patrick logged in a day or two ago.

http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies/1041381342.gif

JohnnyP
01-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Hey, I like Patrick, even though he seems a little eccentric. Or is it egocentric? Either one. Anyway, he could play a mean game of Virtual Pool.

01-10-2003, 04:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JohnnyP:</font><hr> Hey, I like Patrick, even though he seems a little eccentric. Or is it egocentric? Either one. Anyway, he could play a mean game of Virtual Pool. <hr /></blockquote>Really? What is his VP nick?

I'm new to this board so his "history" here predates mine. But I play quite a bit of VP3 online, and may have played with him. I know I have played against some pretty arrogant and egotistical twits, so I'm curious if I've run across him...

JohnnyP
01-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Crap. I thought I was finally gonna get to say "Do a search, newbie", but the search feature here sucks.

I found a link to his website for you: http://vp3.0catch.com/

TomBrooklyn
01-10-2003, 05:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> He spent a lot of time writing rubbish <hr /></blockquote>He is from the 10th dimension, so some of his writings may be difficult for ordinary humans to understand.

Let it be noted that throughout the ages many great writings were criticized, dismissed, or overlooked for a while before their brilliance was recognized.

=TB

01-10-2003, 07:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JohnnyP:</font><hr> Crap. I thought I was finally gonna get to say "Do a search, newbie", but the search feature here sucks.

I found a link to his website for you: http://vp3.0catch.com/ <hr /></blockquote>LOL, well, I didn't expect to find his VP3 nick here anyway. Since someone just posted that he played VP3, I figured it was easier to just ask if he knew his his nick than to read every post Patrick wrote and try to figure it out. So there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyway, thanks for the link to his site. I checked it out. What can I say. Wow. He's a strange bird alright. I still didn't find where he said what his VP3 nick was, so I'll assume it's Patrick or some variation thereof. I'll keep an eye for him in the game...

Just curious: does anybody know what his real pool game (as in real world, not VP) is like? He talks like he's an uber-player but his "advice" and articles are just a tad bit amateurish, for lack of a better word.

David

TomBrooklyn
01-11-2003, 04:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> does anybody know what his real pool game (as in real world, not VP) is like? <hr /></blockquote>Patrick has proclaimed to be the best real pool player in the world, and to my knowledge no one has ever defeated him. Unfortunately, last word was that his cue stick was damaged and until he can get another one he won't be able to enter any tournaments.

silverbullet
01-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Patrick is a kid, and an autistic/asberger kid at that. He I think is about 20. I know that some folks are pretty mature at that age but many arent.

nmshooter
01-14-2003, 08:33 PM
He doesnt play vp3 as often as he used to. He has had many names as they seem to change quite often. What you need to understand is many years ago when Virtual Pool came on the scene patrick was not well accepted in the game rooms. Later he found cheats for the early versions of Virtual Pool and used them to defeat his opponents. He has been banned by many forums but where vp3 is concerned he is banned from the VIP ladder and from the in-stroke tourneys. I am a vip for in-stroke and my girlfriend runs the site. IF you play at gamespy which is the only place you can play I think, then you may know her. I havent gone in there to host a tourney or play the game in quite a while. I started playing 3 cushion on the game and have since taken it to the real tables. My real 9 ball game was starting to become non-existant also so I took some time off the game.

Anyway, back to Patrick. After being caught cheating and banned from several sites, he doesnt have many friends. Usually when he goes into gamespy, he will get into arguments with people and might find one or two people to play him. While I am almost certain he doesnt cheat now, there are not alot of forgiving people in the game room and alot who have known him for 4 or more years just wont forgive him. He has a tendency to be nice and want forgiveness and then when he gets it he will make you regret it. I think he does this for the attention. Deb and I have tried many many times to try to help him out but he makes his own bed. Whether its his arrogance or his social skills or antics, he is just not very popular.

Like I said, he doesnt go in much but if he does you will know. People will automatically try to instigate something with him or he will try and start something. Some of the many names he has used are:
Elit, Elit1, Elit2, Elit3, GOD, GOD1, GOD2, GOD3, Perfect_skillz, perfect_speed, anything with perfect as a prefix, Matrix, jedi, Jedi_Elit, Patrick, anything with patrick as a prefix such as the last one I knew of which was Patrick_pool_teacher.

He says hes the best, but hes not. There are many he cannot beat. Most of them dont play anymore though.

TomBrooklyn
01-14-2003, 10:45 PM
This is disappointing to find out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I wonder if it will hurt his candidacy for President of the World? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

nmshooter
01-14-2003, 10:49 PM
His favorite show is "stargate". I think that shows some relevance here.

SpiderMan
01-15-2003, 10:31 AM
Wow ... that's the first time I'd heard this information. Most of the folks on here seem to think he can't play "real pool" but is a VP wizard. I'd also assumed it was true. Now you say he gained much of this VP stature by cheating at the computer game while playing online. Yes, if this becomes general knowlege his bid for world leadership will likely suffer.

Since he doesn't take any of his IQ tests in person either, I wonder if he cheats on them? I've certainly never seen him post anything that made him appear to be overly intelligent, and he's made a few real boner statements.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nmshooter:</font><hr> He doesnt play vp3 as often as he used to. He has had many names as they seem to change quite often. What you need to understand is many years ago when Virtual Pool came on the scene patrick was not well accepted in the game rooms. Later he found cheats for the early versions of Virtual Pool and used them to defeat his opponents. He has been banned by many forums but where vp3 is concerned he is banned from the VIP ladder and from the in-stroke tourneys. I am a vip for in-stroke and my girlfriend runs the site. IF you play at gamespy which is the only place you can play I think, then you may know her. I havent gone in there to host a tourney or play the game in quite a while. I started playing 3 cushion on the game and have since taken it to the real tables. My real 9 ball game was starting to become non-existant also so I took some time off the game.

Anyway, back to Patrick. After being caught cheating and banned from several sites, he doesnt have many friends. Usually when he goes into gamespy, he will get into arguments with people and might find one or two people to play him. While I am almost certain he doesnt cheat now, there are not alot of forgiving people in the game room and alot who have known him for 4 or more years just wont forgive him. He has a tendency to be nice and want forgiveness and then when he gets it he will make you regret it. I think he does this for the attention. Deb and I have tried many many times to try to help him out but he makes his own bed. Whether its his arrogance or his social skills or antics, he is just not very popular.

Like I said, he doesnt go in much but if he does you will know. People will automatically try to instigate something with him or he will try and start something. Some of the many names he has used are:
Elit, Elit1, Elit2, Elit3, GOD, GOD1, GOD2, GOD3, Perfect_skillz, perfect_speed, anything with perfect as a prefix, Matrix, jedi, Jedi_Elit, Patrick, anything with patrick as a prefix such as the last one I knew of which was Patrick_pool_teacher.

He says hes the best, but hes not. There are many he cannot beat. Most of them dont play anymore though. <hr /></blockquote>

Scott Lee
01-15-2003, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nmshooter:</font><hr> His favorite show is "stargate". I think that shows some relevance here. <hr /></blockquote>

nmshooter...Hey, now wait a darn minute! LOL I LOVE that show too!...but I still think Patrick is VERY strange! Thanks for the headsup on his "cheating" nature! He is a very troubled kid, it seems! His ideas on playing and teaching pool, are at best, very weird.

Scott Lee /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nmshooter
01-15-2003, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nmshooter:</font><hr> His favorite show is "stargate". I think that shows some relevance here. <hr /></blockquote>

nmshooter...Hey, now wait a darn minute! LOL I LOVE that show too!...but I still think Patrick is VERY strange! Thanks for the headsup on his "cheating" nature! He is a very troubled kid, it seems! His ideas on playing and teaching pool, are at best, very weird.

Scott Lee /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

lol, I like stargate too......I just thought it fitting. Patrick is a very good Virtual Pool player, cheating or not. He is probably one of the top 5 players in VP. He has also been playing the game since its beginnings, some 5 years ago or more. All of his lessons are based on the game, not on real life. He claims to have beaten Marcus Chamat and others several times (I dont believe this). I know alot of you on this board play with the pros and see them at tourneys. Next time you see Marcus or someone else ask them if they know of Patrick (If you can stop laughing long enough to ask the question).

I know there are alot of people on these boards that look down upon VP3. I can only say, the game is great and I love to play it. I also play pool in real life and take it very seriously with leagues and tournaments. I got into VP3 about 2 years ago as the closest place for me to play pool was a 2-1/2 hour drive. There are alot of people who play pool in real life competetively who play the game for relaxation and as a way to extend the pleasure they recieve in this great game. I know of several players who are/were top ranked players in the World. One is handicapped and one is a former top 5 ranked 3 cushion player. The latter is who got me playing 3 cushion. I played 3 cushion online for about 3 months prior to moving to Kansas City. when I got here I found a billiard table and went and played. I think the game helped me tremendously. My very first time playing, I played one of the locals to 25. I had a high run of 5 and lost by just a few points. The game can be a great tool but I think only for beginners. More advanced players should just play it for fun. Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to express my views on VP3 as it seems to be a joke to alot of people.

Scott Lee
01-15-2003, 03:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nmshooter:</font><hr> Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to express my views on VP3 as it seems to be a joke to alot of people.
<hr /></blockquote>

No problem there! Nothing wrong with VP3...it's just that Patrick's claims that solely because of it, he was the best REAL poolplayer on earth! LMAO That would NEVER happen...
you must have the real-time experience, with a cue, on a pool table to acquire the 'touch' skills necessary to become a good player. No doubt the 3-C VP worked well for you, because you already had the necessary 'touch' developed. Patrick has played little, if any, real pool...
and like you mentioned, I don't believe he could possibly beat a world-class player like Marcus Chamat. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Scott Lee

01-15-2003, 05:11 PM
Oh, I absolutely concur about VP3 -- that's why I was interesting in Patrick's nick. I play quite a bit of VP3 online now, and participate in the VIP ladder "league" as well (although I never seem to do well in VIP matches, even against lesser ranked players. Pressure maybe? LOL!).

I recommend any of you who haven't played before VP3 to try it out. It isn't for sale on store shelves anymore (although I've seen stale copies still for sale in my favorite billiards shop), but legal copies can still be purchased on eBay for $10. Well worth it, IMHO.

David

TomBrooklyn
01-15-2003, 05:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Patrick has played little real pool. I don't believe he could beat a world-class player like Marcus Chamat.<hr /></blockquote>Does this mean you won't vote for him? -T.

bigbro6060
01-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Before i got my own table, i used to play VP3 when i couldn't be bothered going down to the Poolhall. Now i have my own table, i don't play it before, preferring to practice solely on the real thing

I think VP3 is a useful simulation used in conjunction with a real table. One thing that VP3 shows you is that there is just about ALWAYS a shot on, even if it does involve a quadruple carom and a triple bank /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think VP3 is most useful for the beginner going on intermediate player who needs to learn where the whitey is going. I think also learning the angles of the table, VP3 is useful.

TomBrooklyn
01-15-2003, 05:54 PM
I bought it a few months ago. I found it kind of difficult to use and not very realistic and I put it away after an hour or two. I probably didn't have it set up right and give it enough of a chance. There are a bunch of options on how things look and get set up I didn't feel like learning at the time. I would probably like it better if I learned how all the controls and features work. -T.

Ludba
01-15-2003, 09:04 PM
I just checked out patrick's site... wow. And then I looked up asperger's disorder. That was very illuminating. Y'all should check out this site. It's very interesting:
http://www.aspergers.com/

TomBrooklyn
01-15-2003, 10:03 PM
This is all very upsetting.
=TB

Ludba
01-16-2003, 05:18 PM
upsetting? why?

Wally_in_Cincy
01-17-2003, 07:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ludba:</font><hr> upsetting? why? <hr /></blockquote>

If Patrick does not achieve world domination or become the world's best "real" poolplayer Tom's autographed photo of Patrick with not increase in value a thousandfold as previously anticipated. It is quite upsetting to us all.

Kato
01-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Patrick is young and intellegent, he'll bounce back and win the world championships and Tom's autograph will be worth, tens of dollars.

Kato