PDA

View Full Version : Pool Halls in Anchorage Alaska

01-12-2003, 01:43 PM
I'm moving to Anchorage Alaska this summer and am searching for any Pool/Billiard inforation in that area. I'm looking for Pool Halls, Billiard stores, and information about any leagues or tournaments. I know there are many pool halls but I'm looking for a nice place with quality 9 footers, somewhere that keeps up their equipment.
I'm also looking for a place that sells tables. I would like to get one once I get settled in.
Thanks,

Phil

Vagabond
01-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Hello Mate,
I am not familiar with the rooms.However I like to mention to u about one of the WPBA`s pro player that lives in Anchorage.She is Ms.Pippen.she is very classy women besides a top notch player.cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Scott Lee
01-14-2003, 01:33 AM
Mark Griffin, who also owns College Billiards and another room in San Diego, CA, lives in Anchorage, and owns Palace Billiards...a great room, with great tables.

Scott Lee

AndyG
01-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Phil, Scott already replied with information on Anchorage Billiards Palace. I just wanted to add that it is probably the nicest room I've ever been in, and the equipment is always in great condition.

Mark and Sue Griffin, the owners, are two of the real good people in pool, and I promise you'll enjoy playing there.

Until recently, there was another very unique room in Anchorage. Son of River City Billiards, on Fireweed lane. Quite a different atmosphere from the Billiards Palace, but a very enjoyable experience. Sadly. it's gone now. Maybe Kent Anderssen, the owner, will re-open someplace.

I spent a couple of months there, and was in one or the other rooms every day, many times both.
Regards,
AndyG.