PDA

View Full Version : McCreedy vs. Pagluyen at the DCC

Ralph S.
01-12-2003, 09:53 PM
There was a lot of action at the DCC and the majority of the big action over the final 3 days got started with Alex Pagluyen and Keith McCreedy. Both were drinking heavily and Keith, with many more years of experience at the drinking game was clearly in better shape than Alex. The woofing was a bigger attraction than the match itself as I witnessed this with my own eyes. The "Cannon" got in on the woofing as well as several others. It was such an attraction and so heated there had to be atleast a hundred people gathered and was blocking the main hallway. Well, they finally got the particulars ironed out and this was what was supposed to be: 9ball-10 ahead for 25K on the 7ft SMART TABLE using the big rock, not the red circle cue ball. All the backers , spectaors and players went upstairs to the smaller tables and some more woofing got started. The backers stalled a while and haggled. Keith actually had the line covered for 20k. Alex was having trouble getting up the cash. Alex was giving up the initial break and the wild seven, and nobody in the room wpuld put cash on Alex due the weight he was giving up. Finally another backer came in to the room and put up for Alex. The match was on!! Keith came out solid with the first 2 racks. After that it was all Alex. The match was over in 40 minutes. This is some of the great action that took place. I believe Tom in Cincy has more to post also.
Ralph S.

dddd
01-12-2003, 11:05 PM
a little side note:
they had played downstairs earlier in the week, and it was 10 ball with the 7 spot for keith. alex lost maybe 5 games total and the match was over in a hour or less

Ralph S.
01-13-2003, 10:06 AM
That had to have taken place before I had arrived. Thanx for the note Dennis.
Ralph S.

The Rhino Chaser
01-13-2003, 01:28 PM
They also played one hole on the last night. Keith was getting the 10-8. They were playing 4 ahead for not much. Keith was complaining he didn't have much money. In other action notes Tony Watson turned his week around with scores over Tony Cohan(?) and Eric Durbin.

snipershot
01-14-2003, 12:14 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif That's because Alex is a much better player than McCreedy, I would've put 25K of my own on Alex ( if i had it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif) in an instant, for a while I have thought Alex is a good player who's in the shadow of guys like Strickland and Immonen. Wonder if McCreedy will want to play again next time.