PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Pechauer cues?

01-13-2003, 01:58 PM
I'm shopping for my first real cue ($250-$350). I was using a cue that was a gift: Meucci Maximum, 19.5 oz, 12.75 mm tip. For the 4 months I played with it, my game's been pretty inconsistent. I tried a Pechauer J4, 20 oz, the other day and loved it. (I also tried a MecDermott, a Meucci and a Viking but didn't like them as well.) What's your opinion of Pechauer cues and of the J Series?

Thanks,

Quickclaude

Paul_Mon
01-14-2003, 01:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote quickclaude:</font><hr> I'm shopping for my first real cue ($250-$350). I was using a cue that was a gift: Meucci Maximum, 19.5 oz, 12.75 mm tip. For the 4 months I played with it, my game's been pretty inconsistent. I tried a Pechauer J4, 20 oz, the other day and loved it. (I also tried a MecDermott, a Meucci and a Viking but didn't like them as well.) What's your opinion of Pechauer cues and of the J Series?

Thanks,

Quickclaude <hr /></blockquote>

Claude,
If you near the east coast I'd suggest you attend the Hopkins Billiard Expo (Valley Forge PA) in March. There you will find thousands of cues, new and used, that you can try. Jerry Pechauer has a booth at the show along with many other cue makers. If you can not attend then buy whatever feels good to you. IMO, Pechauer makes a fine cue.

Paul Mon

Rod
01-14-2003, 02:30 PM
I wondered where your post went, I lost track of it. Yes I agree with Paul, they do make a fine cue. I've noticed their shaft wood is a step above most mfg's. Well made and good hitting cues.

BillyRinNC
01-15-2003, 12:31 AM
I have one and it is great. I have the sneak peat with red wood.

Rich R.
01-15-2003, 05:29 AM
I won a Pechauer for my wife on a C.A.T. tournament raffle.
It is a very nice cue with a nice, kind of stiff hit. Very good cue for the money. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-15-2003, 08:14 AM
My girlfriend shoots with a Pechauer. I've played with it a few times. Nice hit, nice balance, and seems to be a high quality, well-made cue. If you "loved" the hit that much I'd say go with your instincts and get one.