PDA

View Full Version : Last Tuesday APA Night (Looong)

9 Ball Girl
01-14-2003, 10:01 AM
Last Tuesday on APA night:

We start at 7 and I was running late so I showed up at 8. No one from my team is there except for the SL-2 who happens to be the owner. I asked her where was her son (Captain) and she said she keeps trying to call him but she can't get through so I try. All I get is his answering machine. I walk over to the team we're suppose to play and they've already marked that my team has forfeited the first match. Righfully so since they waited an hour. I went back to my SL-2 and asked her why didn't she put herself up first and she said it was too busy in the room to play. Whatever.

I asked the other team if they wanted to play on the table that we always play on. They had no problem with that. I go to my SL-2 and ask her for the balls for that table and she said we can't play on that because there are guys that are going to come and play for $$$ and she doesn't want chalk or anything on the table. At this point my blood starts to boil. I told the other team why we can't play on the table and they couldn't believe it either. Whatever.

So I play the 2nd match even up with the other team's SL-5. Now the last time I played this guy on the Monday team I beat him 4-0. So he's itching for revenge. I like that because then I can sting 'em! We have to play a race to 4 and I'm down 3-1. Now his whole team is there, coaching him and cheering him on. On my end all you hear is crickets. Three times this guy taps the cueball, I call BIH and his team says that it isn't, that they didn't see it. I, like the idiot that I am, say "fine" and I keep shooting without BIH. Hey, I had no one to back me up. I get 2 more wins so now we're both on the hill. The last game I had the 8 ball and was left like this:

START(
%A[4C9%Fr2C9%Hi5C9%Pc5F4

)END

While I'm thinking of what to do, my SL-2 comes over and asks me if I want to play on the regular table since the guys are going to come but they're not going to play for $$$. I say, "Now you ask me, it's too late, we're already playing." That pissed me off even more! Now what's racing through my head is "no one's here", "I should've taken BIH those 3 times", etc. I finally looked up to the Pool Gods and asked "Coach?" The other team laughed. I just didn't know what to do 'cause his balls are hanging (pardon the pun) and wherever I leave the CB, he's out. Well that's just what happened and I lost 4-3. I was soooo disgusted. I motioned my SL-2 to come over 'cause it's her turn. She plays their SL-7 and I walk away and go play on those touchscreen games. I didn't even bother taking score, nor did I care in coaching her 'cause she doesn't like to take coaches.

Finally, my Captain shows up and I told him that since we're in 4th place and this team is in 2nd place, this was a chance for us to knock them down. He said that if he'd known that he would've been on time. Well, I told him that I'm not going to bother showing up next week (which is today). He just laughed cause he knows I'll show.

Would that be bad? For me to not show up today?

Wendy~~still pissed off! http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/cwm/cwm/angryfire.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-14-2003, 10:28 AM
Nobody showed up? Is this a common occurence? If so I would stick it out till the end of the session and then jettison these losers. And yes, by all means, show up tonight. Don't be like them.

APA prime directive, rule number 1, and most important <font color="red"> SHOW UP EVERY WEEK</font color>. Otherwise your team will not win anything.

Tom_In_Cincy
01-14-2003, 11:01 AM
Wendy,
Show up.. play your best, keep your head held high, and then DUMP the team.. they don't deserve you

Kato
01-14-2003, 11:11 AM
Wendy, Tom and Wally are correct. Dump those bums, they don't deserve you. They made a commitment to a team and they broke that commitment. I can't stand that.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
01-14-2003, 11:12 AM
The Captain and my other teammate showed up later. But the rest of the guys from the other team had already left except for one of them who wound up playing with my Captain. My last remaining teammate had no one to play with and I don't know if we get the forfeit or if the other team does.

Wendy~~will show up just for Wally... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Kato
01-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Late without calling is just like not showing up. Everyone on my pool team has a cell phone. Everyone calls everyone. Show up on time or call ahead.

Kato /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif