PDA

View Full Version : Marking my table...

caedos
01-14-2003, 10:15 AM
I am in the habit of marking the felt on my home table (the strings and a couple of repeatable drills). Ball-point pens were ruled out awhile ago due to them marking up my balls weeks after application to the felt. A Sharpie laundry-marking pen works well enough, but fades over time. Are there any other things that would work well? I believe on of the tourny's used bleach to white out a Headstring, but how was it done? A gel of some kind, so it doesn't bleed across the felt fibers?

Thanks,

Oz

9 Ball Girl
01-14-2003, 10:31 AM
How about using those reinforcements that you use when one of your holes tear in your 3-hole paper. Or maybe use the colorful dot sticker things. JAT

caedos
01-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Thank you... I've use hole reinforcers for years. They are a wonderful tool for certain things. I like having the Strings marked as plainly as possible, and I would like to have some setup lines to do some other work with. Reinforcers will not accomplish this.

Lost in the land of the Sharpie.

Oz

01-15-2003, 03:35 AM
I've used a pencil on my table with success. It needs to be the hardest pencil you can find. A number-2 pencil will smudge over time. Since my table gets alot of use, I have to remark it about every six months.