PDA

View Full Version : Predator Pro Pool School is FULL(thank you!)

koreandragon
01-14-2003, 06:31 PM
Predator Pro Pool School

The Predator Pro Pool is now officially full with the last student registering today and many students were unfortunately turned away.

Because of the resounding demand and requests, future Pro Pool Schools will be coming soon.

To be on our mailing list please call 540-420-1056 or e-mail us at koreandragonevents@hotmail.com

Thank you,

Phil Muller & Charlie Williams
Dragon Promotions

Vagabond
01-14-2003, 07:05 PM
Howdy Dragon,
Inspite u do not have many friends in CCB and AZBilliards u are persistent in posting here.May be that is the reason u became a champion.Amazing!!!!
vagabond

TomBrooklyn
01-14-2003, 07:32 PM
Charlie only posted twice. Not exactly a lot. Of course few pros will post here at all. Not surprising with the abuse they sometimes have to put up with from some fans.

SpiderMan
01-15-2003, 10:37 AM
I don't think he's posting, at least not in the sense of starting any dialogue. Note that he doesn't respond to any follow-ups. It's more like an advertisement, or mass emailing.

SpiderMan

Rod
01-15-2003, 10:44 AM
That's the way I view those posts or adds. I doubt there will ever be any follow ups.

eg8r
01-15-2003, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's more like an advertisement, or mass emailing.
<hr /></blockquote> I would consider it more like spam. He feels that the rules do not apply to him, so he just spams the board and then leaves.

eg8r

eg8r
01-15-2003, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not surprising with the abuse they typically have to put up with from some fans. <hr /></blockquote> I would not consider the poster that is offering up the abuse to be a "fan" of the person they are posting about. I am a fan of pool in general, so I do my part and voice my opinion. LOL Probably most is not enjoyed by the "Korean Dragon" except maybe if he enjoys or thrives off negative comments.

eg8r &lt; Knows koreandragon can play great, just wishes he handled himself with the "fans" of pool a little better.

silverbullet
01-15-2003, 12:15 PM
WW is taking the school. Not me lol..I need more help than 1 to 6. We figure getting tips from Tony R is worth some cash. Having mika and charlie is gravy. Anyway, I will get to meet them, so that is cool.

bw

silverbullet
01-15-2003, 12:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Not surprising with the abuse they typically have to put up with from some fans. <hr /></blockquote> I would not consider the poster that is offering up the abuse to be a "fan" of the person they are posting about. I am a fan of pool in general, so I do my part and voice my opinion. LOL Probably most is not enjoyed by the "Korean Dragon" except maybe if he enjoys or thrives off negative comments.

eg8r &lt; Knows koreandragon can play great, just wishes he handled himself with the "fans" of pool a little better. <hr /></blockquote>

I think that Tom's point was good. Pros do not post here. I know of only one who posts here and has the guts to be open about who they are.

bw

Popcorn
01-15-2003, 01:20 PM
I don't know of even one pro that has posted here just to say hello, or offer advice. If one does show up, it is just for some self-serving purpose. Any pro that wanted to chat here would be overwhelmed with the welcome they would receive, if they wanted give some advice, tell a few stories or just respond to comments. Why would anyone be hostile toward a pro for no reason? Charlie has posted quite a few times under different names and It was always the same stuff. Grady got some heat, but only after he went into his ravings. I remember him being asked questions about one pocket, and I don't think he even bothered to respond. The truth is, pros have little interest in a board like this, it is mostly league players and people asking what is the best cue or tip over and over. If you take a step back, it is a little silly really, but something to do for a few minutes a day if you have the interest.

Scott Lee
01-15-2003, 02:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I don't know of even one pro that has posted here just to say hello, or offer advice. If one does show up, it is just for some self-serving purpose. Any pro that wanted to chat here would be overwhelmed with the welcome they would receive, if they wanted give some advice, tell a few stories or just respond to comments. Why would anyone be hostile toward a pro for no reason? Charlie has posted quite a few times under different names and It was always the same stuff. Grady got some heat, but only after he went into his ravings. I remember him being asked questions about one pocket, and I don't think he even bothered to respond. The truth is, pros have little interest in a board like this, it is mostly league players and people asking what is the best cue or tip over and over. If you take a step back, it is a little silly really, but something to do for a few minutes a day if you have the interest. <hr /></blockquote>

Popcorn...Not to mince words, but the definition of a "professional poolplayer", is one who makes all, or most of their income from playing pool. Under that definition there are MANY people who post here that qualify...myself and Fran included. Although neither she nor I play at the top pro level, we both derive ALL of our annual income from teaching, doing exhibitions, and in Fran's case, competing on the women's pro tour! BTW, I agree with what you said about Charlie and Grady! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee

Scott

Popcorn
01-15-2003, 02:13 PM
I apologize, you are right. The phone was ringing and I hit post. If I had thought about it longer , I would have worded the post differently. Sorry.

Scott Lee
01-15-2003, 02:20 PM
Popcorn...Hey we love you, man! LOL Keep those great posts and stories coming!:D

Scott

snipershot
01-15-2003, 02:25 PM
I agree that he is advertising, but maybe promoting would be a better word to use, he posted here because he knew there was potential business, but also because some of us would be seriously interested in his school.

qSHAFT
01-15-2003, 04:35 PM
I think that most pro's are probably a little worried about the amount of commitment that posting on a board like this would take. I imagine that if a pro was to create a new thread introducing themselves, it would generate in the range of 100-200 responses with possibly indepth technical and personal questions. Then they run the risk of offending thier online fans by not being able to respond to all of them, or possibly look foolish if they don't know the answer to a technical question (I know that there are many people here who know a lot more theory about the game than many pros who often operate by feel and repetition).

cuechick
01-15-2003, 04:46 PM
Not many post but a lot of them read and lurk, trust me.

SRpool
01-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Hi everyone, I agree with what you say about charlie only using this board to advertise, which isn't too bad, but he should show up everyone once in a while to chat. This is my first post on this message board and have no problem saying that I play on the pro tour and some good and bad things have been said about me on this board (mostly good) I may be new to the pro tour and to this board but I'm going to look up to Fran and use her as a role model and keep coming back and making conversation with everyone. after all...you are right, there is no better way to pass a little time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sarah Rousey

eg8r
01-15-2003, 09:10 PM
I would like to welcome you to the board. Hooray!!!!!, another pro posting on the board. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It does not matter that you are new to the pro tour, just as long as you stay there. I cannot think of a better person to look up to on the tour. Not only does Fran play but she is an instructor. If that is not enough of her time offered, she has also began posting here again. It is nice to have her back and i am thrilled to see you posting here also.

Welcome,

eg8r

Popcorn
01-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Post deleted by Popcorn

9 Ball Girl
01-15-2003, 09:27 PM
I have to agree with Cuechick. I know a couple of Pros that read and lurk too...

bigbro6060
01-15-2003, 11:21 PM
Charlie would have read the replies to his original advert

THIS POST IS FOR ONE REASON ONLY

It's a "Ner Ner Ner, my pool school still got filled up despite you guys thinking it was a rip off and abusing the hell outta me" post

Charlie knew that if he tried to respond to any comments in the original post, he would have got flamed off the planet, so this is his snide way of getting back at everyone

bigbro6060
01-15-2003, 11:25 PM
One thing to add

Despite our best attempts at Hexing good old Charls, i think we all knew deep down inside that the Pool school would get filled quite easily.

If there's one thing i know about this world, it's that there are plenty of brainless morons with more money than sense !

Scott Lee
01-16-2003, 04:34 AM
Sarah...Welcome to the CCB! Great to have you here, as a pro player, as a woman, and as a lover of this sport, to add your input to the board! Glad to see you're playing well! I hope I get to see you play again soon!

Scott Lee

Ken
01-16-2003, 06:47 AM
Shame on every student who is now giving a big payday to the three UPAyours member who tried to ruin the US Open. How soon they forget!

Now Brady is in bed with the three of them. I don't know what is going on but it seems just "business as usual".

I went to a pro tournament last weekend that was advertised as Sat. and Sun. on the boards. When I got there I found Sunday had been cancelled and they finished Sat. Nobody could be bothered to post the results on the boards and inform me that the tournament was over.

I don't think the promotors have the commitment it takes to bring spectators into this "sport", much less sponsors. I'll stick to the amateur events from now on.
KenCT