PDA

View Full Version : Mike Massey shot

Tom_In_Cincy
01-15-2003, 03:02 PM
For you viewing pleasure

http://64.146.83.34/~aadmin/trickshot.mpg

eg8r
01-15-2003, 03:11 PM
That is a disgrace to the pool table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Interesting to say the least.

eg8r

Scott Lee
01-15-2003, 03:13 PM
Tom...that link won't work for me, for some reason.

Scott

snipershot
01-15-2003, 03:21 PM
Try explaining that one to the bar owner /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

01-15-2003, 03:23 PM
Tom I really enjoyed the video, thanks.

Jimbo

Ken
01-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Scott, This is one of Mike's most difficult shots but it requires an assistant so it's doubtfull that you will see this one in the next trick shot championships.

You have balls in the jaws of diagonally opposite corners. The object is for two players to shoot cue balls from in front of the object balls, jumping through standing up triangles. They must do this simultaneously so that the cue balls collide in the middle of the table thence rising to contact one of the fluorescent bulbs causing the two halves of the bulb to come down onto the table thereby making the hanging object balls into the corner pockets.

They failed to make either ball but did manage to bring down the two halves of the bulb quite nicely. I think the triangles were placed incorrectly because they did not properly deflect the bulb halves into the object balls.
KenCT

Scott Lee
01-16-2003, 01:26 PM
Ken...I tried the link again today, and it still wouldn't work! Wonder why? LOL From your description, the bulbs would burst as they hit the table. I have seen this happen by accident, and boy does it screw up the cloth! If that is the shot, I can't imagine ANY room owner that would want that shot to be made on their tables!

Scott

Icon of Sin
01-16-2003, 01:33 PM
I thought they were just trying to hope one ball over the other one and make the balls in the jaws of the pocket and they hit the light by accident.

Both looked surprised wehn they hit the light, but come to think of it, the light did seem rather low to the table.

TomBrooklyn
01-16-2003, 02:43 PM
LOL, that is funny. Thats really "shooting the lights out!" Their shots must have been right on line because if they were off the balls would have gone to the side rather than straight up!

By the way, Hall of Fame Biliards in Brooklyn has the same kind of light fixtures on the 25 or so tables on their lower level with the names of Hall of Fame Inductees on them.