PDA

View Full Version : any NYer's going to this weekend's C&D 9-ball?

SteveFromNY
01-15-2003, 08:25 PM
at amsterdam west? It'l be my first and my league director told me I was a D! Don't laugh cuz I was sure I was at best an F or maybe even an E the way I've been playing lately. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyway, I'll try my best.

CarolNYC
01-16-2003, 05:09 AM
Good luck Steve,
I wont be playing the C&D-but possibly the Scotch Double at SpinCity:)
Carol

Doctor_D
01-16-2003, 07:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SteveFromNY:</font><hr> at amsterdam west? It'l be my first and my league director told me I was a D! Don't laugh cuz I was sure I was at best an F or maybe even an E the way I've been playing lately. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyway, I'll try my best. <hr /></blockquote>

Good morning:

YES, I will be competing in the Tri-State C - D Tournament this weekend. Be sure to look me up !

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Perk
01-16-2003, 07:31 AM
Out of curiousity...there are not C and D tourneys around here, so my question is? How would you rate someone new? Such as myself popping in to the tourney to play?

Just wondering how its handled else where.

9 Ball Girl
01-16-2003, 09:25 AM
For the TriState Tour, you have to have someone vouch for you. There's an application that you have to fill out and the person who's vouching your handicap has to sign it. If you don't fill out an application, then you can just go to any of their tournaments and join up right then and there but I think you have to have the phone number for your home room and have someone vouch for you as well.

Wendy~~correct me if I'm wrong please /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Eric.
01-16-2003, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> For the TriState Tour, you have to have someone vouch for you. There's an application that you have to fill out and the person who's vouching your handicap has to sign it. If you don't fill out an application, then you can just go to any of their tournaments and join up right then and there but I think you have to have the phone number for your home room and have someone vouch for you as well.

Wendy~~correct me if I'm wrong please /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy, you're exactly right. No ticki, no shirti. The only Tri State events open to all are the, well, Open's which are Open to everyone-Touring Pro thru Beginner. For the Open's, if you don't have a tour card, you can pay the membership on the spot and play.

Eric &gt; E class player

SteveFromNY
01-29-2003, 08:14 AM
i couldnt make it!! I was out in the island friday nite and my freakin car breaks down sat morning as I was about to get out there! oh well...i'll see what else is next.

nAz
01-29-2003, 08:42 AM
Steve good luck dude! i think they are doing it in Park Slope Billiards B-C-D Feb. 23. i of course wont play but it would be nice to see some of you CCBers kicking butt there.

SteveFromNY
01-29-2003, 09:46 AM
CCBers? what's that? oh I'm def gonna try to get in on the next c&amp;d which I think is in amsterdam east. thanks anyway! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SteveFromNY
01-29-2003, 09:47 AM
woops- CCB = Cue Chalk Board?

9 Ball Girl
01-29-2003, 10:24 AM
You got it, Bub!

SteveFromNY
01-29-2003, 11:25 AM
thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif now that I think about it, u look way familiar...have you been to corners before?

Chris Cass
01-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Dr. D.,

Wouldn't that be stealing?

Regards,

C.C.

9 Ball Girl
01-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Yes, I used to play in their 8 ball league there on Tuesdays and would go to practice on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I would love to do their Thursday night 9 ball but I have other tourney commitments on Thursdays. You can PM me if you'd like so that we don't hijack this C &amp; D 9 Ball thread. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif