PDA

View Full Version : Winning 8-ball-a video by Bobby Burnett

Wally_in_Cincy
01-16-2003, 11:19 AM
Winning 8-ball-an instructional video by Bobby Burnett.

Before I post a review of this tape, does anybody know this guy or have you seen the tape?

phil in sofla
01-16-2003, 10:08 PM
I have it, wasn't impressed enough to want to watch it again, but now I should.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-17-2003, 07:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote phil in sofla:</font><hr> I have it, wasn't impressed enough to want to watch it again, but now I should. <hr /></blockquote>

Don't bother. That's 50 wasted minutes of your life you'll never get back /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I'm going to finish watching it today and gather my thoughts for a scathing review to be posted tomorrow.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-18-2003, 12:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Winning 8-ball-an instructional video by Bobby Burnett.

Before I post a review of this tape, does anybody know this guy or have you seen the tape? <hr /></blockquote>

Apparently not.

"Winning 8-ball" by Bobby Burnett

Do not buy this video. Even at $15 including shipping it's a ripoff.

www.insidepool.com (http://www.insidepool.com) has a link to www.poolvideo.com (http://www.poolvideo.com) and that's where I found this. Poolvideo.com should be ashamed they are selling this crap.

This guy clains to be an "8-ball expert" and he literally can't run a rack in this video. You would think they would have at least thought to use creative editing.

Every instructional tape I have ever seen, no matter how bad, includes at least 1 useful tip. I can't say that anymore after watching this.

If you want to learn about 8-ball go out and find Mike Sigel's "Perfect Pool" and "Runout Series" or purchase an Accu-stats 8-ball tape.

Good grief.

Wally~~feels violated like like Ned Beatty

wolfsburg2
01-18-2003, 12:34 PM
thanks for the heads up, sorry you had to lose the money finding out the hard way.

01-18-2003, 12:43 PM
I've seen his 9-Ball video and I THINK the tips are good. But he isn't an expert-he ISN'T ACTAULLY ANY GOOD!

Wally_in_Cincy
01-18-2003, 12:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SneakyPete:</font><hr> I've seen his 9-Ball video and I THINK the tips are good. But he isn't an expert-he ISN'T ACTAULLY ANY GOOD! <hr /></blockquote>

He does give a couple of tips that might help a beginner (I'm not saying you're a beginner, I know you're not), but for anyone who can make more than 3 balls in a row there's not much there.

The tape is called "Winning 8-ball" not "Fundamentals for Beginners" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif