PDA

View Full Version : Skins Pool

Tom_In_Cincy
01-16-2003, 12:25 PM
While in Louisville for the DCC, I took some time to play in one of the cities best pool halls, The Bank Shot. This place has two floors of great tables, Diamonds and Gold Growns, and a 5x10 Snooker table.

Brad Phillips (owner) introduced me to a new game.. Its called Skins Pool. Looks like a wild time for all.. I like the concept.

Good for any number of players. Its set up very similar to GOLF skins. Play ends when someone wins the total number of games first.. race to 5, 6, or 7 (more if there are more players)

There can be 11 skins:

One skin for each of the following:
1. First to the determined # of games (say 7 wins)
2. Break and run
3. Nine on the break
4. 1-9 combo
5. 2-9 combo
6. 3-9 combo
7. 4-9
8. 5-9
9. 6-9
10. 7-9
11. 8-9

One tie all tie.. if there is a person that get 2 combos (i.e. 2-9 twice.. that could be a winner if its not tied)
Same with anyother skin.)

There could be blind draw partners. (at the end of the tournament, a draw for partners.. to split skins.. good for the lower skilled players to have more of a chance to cash)

$15 for entry.. $5 table time.. maybe two hours of play.. and if the numbers of players are such.. you can handicap them to play at the same skill level.

A sheet of paper must be used to keep track of the Skins.

If there are 9 players you could have three tables of 3 players each playing a ring game. First player to win 7 games and the tournament is over.

If there are 12 playes. You can still use just 3 tables and play winner sits out or keeps the table.. Draw for 1st two players.

Or you could have 3 players to each of 4 tables.

Countless ways to play these matches.. Heads up, skill level match ups.

I'm going to try this later this month where I play.. and report back..

Eric.
01-16-2003, 01:26 PM
Hi Tom,

Another variation on the Skins theme that is played around here:

9 ball Ghost-BIH after the break,scratch on the break is o.k., 9 on the break is spotted. The highest run wins the cash i.e. Player 1 runs to the 8 and misses. Player 2 runs a 2 pack + 1 and craps out, Player 3 runs a 2 pack + 2, Player 3 wins!

Eric

Tom_In_Cincy
01-16-2003, 01:43 PM
I like that version too.. thanks Eric.

Anything to get more of the lessor skilled players interested in playing more.. and keep the higher skilled thinking that they have a lock.. LOL

Bob_in_Cincy
01-17-2003, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I'm going to try this later this month where I play.. and report back..
<hr /></blockquote>

I might be interested.

Bob_in_Cincy