PDA

View Full Version : in a slump

silverbullet
01-17-2003, 12:45 PM
first nite in league, i played so horrible..havent played that bad since the beginning when i started pool..even though i beat him 2-0 playing a two, my confidence is destroyed cuz i played sooo bad..so now i am in a slump...

and found myself hoping i wouldnt have to play last night and now am gun shy again....

i already practice when ww isnt here to watch me...it is probably my stuff..that is how bad my head is screwed...

and i wonder how to fix it...i know i will not win if i dont believe i will...

blu

TomBrooklyn
01-17-2003, 12:47 PM
Play Target Pool. That and a good stroke will get you out of your slump. Tom

wolfsburg2
01-17-2003, 12:49 PM
anytime i get into a slump i focus only on pocketing balls and proper form, i try not to focus on leaves so much, that usually helps some.

silverbullet
01-17-2003, 12:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Play Target Pool. That and a good stroke will get you out of your slump. Tom <hr /></blockquote>

i cant wait to get it. if i just play that do i still need to do drills like speed and draw?

Laura

TomBrooklyn
01-17-2003, 04:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr>If i just play that do i still need to do drills like speed and draw?<hr /></blockquote>If you get Target Pool, you won't need to practice anything else. Your pool skill will increase exponentially by just playing Target Pool for 20-30 minutes once per week. In fact, your whole life will become more rich and fulfilling.

Target Pool will increase your vitality, improve your circulation, reduce your appetite, and give your complexion a healthy glow. You will feel more peaceful, and stressful events will become easier to deal with. You will sleep more soundly and wake up refreshed every day. You'll begin to notice that food tastes better and even the air smells fresher. You will make more money and find people of power and wealth attracted to you.

People will seek to befriend you and look up to you wherever you go. Any fear you had of public speaking will vanish. If you play on a team, they will come to rely on you to win the most critical matches, and you will feel confident being in that position.

Your eyesight will improve: close, far, and peripherally. Colors will seem more vibrant and shades of grey more distinguishable even in low light. Most people who wear glasses report throwing them away after playing Target Pool. Your hearing will become more sensitive and directional. Your awareness and perception of your surroundings will naturally increase. You will be able to read the body language of those around you, and discern their thoughts and intentions with increasing accuracy. You will begin to feel incredible strength, but at the same time an enhanced sensitivity to perform the most delicate tasks.

Your pool cue will start to feel like an extension of your arm, circulating with your own blood and life force. As the mysteries of Target Pool reveal themselves to you, you will come to be able to control your cue stick as naturally and effortlessly as you wiggle your fingers now. You may occasionally feel the desire to don a tight fitting jumpsuit, cape, and mask and help the weak and downtrodden. Just go with your instincts.

I hope this helps.

-Tom

01-17-2003, 04:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> i cant wait to get it. if i just play that do i still need to do drills like speed and draw<hr /></blockquote>If you get Target Pool, you won't need to practice anything else. Your pool skill will increase exponentially by just playing Target Pool for 20-30 minutes once per week.

In fact, your whole life will become more rich and fulfilling. It will increase your vitality, improve your circulation, reduce your appetite, and give your complexion a healthy glow. You will feel more peaceful and things that were formerly stressful will seem easier to deal with. You will make more money, and find people are more attracted to you for an indefinable reason. You will make more friends, and any fear of public speaking will vanish. You'll be the hit of any party you attend. If you play on a team, they will come to rely on you to win the most critical matches, and you will not experience any nervousness at being in that position. You will sleep more soundly and wake up refreshed every day. You'll begin to notice that food tastes better, and even the air smells fresher.

Your eyesight will improve until you become able to see things that you couldn't see before, especially at long distances and peripherally. People who wore glasses report throwing them away after beginning to play Target Pool. The sensitivity and directionality of your hearing will increase. You will begin to feel incredible strength. You may occasionally feel the desire to don a tight fitting jumpsuit with a cape and help the weak and downtrodden.. Your pool cue will come to feel like an extension of your arm, circulating with your own blood, not just an inanimate object held in your grasp. With practice using Target Pool, you will come to be able to control your cue stick as effortlessly as you wiggle your fingers now.

I hope that helps.

-Tom
<hr /></blockquote>

Hey Tom, you wouldn't have any extra snakeoil left in that canvas bag of yours would you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimbo

silverbullet
01-17-2003, 04:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> i cant wait to get it. if i just play that do i still need to do drills like speed and draw<hr /></blockquote>If you get Target Pool, you won't need to practice anything else. Your pool skill will increase exponentially by just playing Target Pool for 20-30 minutes once per week.

In fact, your whole life will become more rich and fulfilling. It will increase your vitality, improve your circulation, reduce your appetite, and give your complexion a healthy glow. You will feel more peaceful and things that were formerly stressful will seem easier to deal with. You will make more money, and find people are more attracted to you for an indefinable reason. You will make more friends, and any fear of public speaking will vanish. You'll be the hit of any party you attend. If you play on a team, they will come to rely on you to win the most critical matches, and you will not experience any nervousness at being in that position. You will sleep more soundly and wake up refreshed every day. You'll begin to notice that food tastes better, and even the air smells fresher.

Your eyesight will improve until you become able to see things that you couldn't see before, especially at long distances and peripherally. People who wore glasses report throwing them away after beginning to play Target Pool. The sensitivity and directionality of your hearing will increase. You will begin to feel incredible strength, but at the same time an enhanced sensitivity to perform the most delicate tasks. You may occasionally feel the desire to don a tight fitting jumpsuit with a cape and a mask and help the weak and downtrodden. Your pool cue will come to feel like an extension of your arm, circulating with your own blood and life force, not just an inanimate object held in your grasp. As you increase your skill with Target Pool, you will come to be able to control your cue stick as effortlessly as you wiggle your fingers now.

I hope that helps.

-Tom
<hr /></blockquote>

ROFL&gt; that is too funny!!!

bw

Wally_in_Cincy
01-18-2003, 10:25 AM
It also cures consumption, nervousness, and eliminates bad humours.

John G
01-18-2003, 11:00 PM
It sounds to me like you're trying to hard and not having fun with it. Always keep in mind that we do this because we like it and it's FUN. I played serious as a heart attack for 25 years and though I've always loved pool it became a job and I forgot how much fun the game really is. I couldn't afford to have slumps but when I inevetibly did I would torture myself to come out of it. No longer. I play now because I love to play pool in all of its variations. When I play bad for a night or a week I remember to keep in mind what and why I'm playing. It's to have fun at, and with, something I love. I keep this attitude wether I'm gambling, playing league or just play/play. Sometimes we get so caught up in trying to win or improve our game that we over analyze everything we do. Remember the phrase "paralasis by analasis", well it's a favorite with pool players. The over thinking part I mean. I'm not telling you that you shouldn't be always trying to win, but I am telling you to accept the inevetible. Everyone plays bad at times, everyone loses at times. That's part and parcel of the game. I've read some of your posts/questions about the will to win and how to get killer instinct. Please trust me on this one thing. Winning is an enjoyable experience, enjoy it. But when you lose shake it off and let it go. Keep your eye on the target, why do you play in the first place. It's not to be a world champion or to go about and beat up on everyone. It IS because you love to play pool. Always remember that. Having a slump is like having a cold, Don't panic you'll get over it. I think the Target pool is a wonderful suggestion BECAUSE it will bring fun back into the game for you. Best of luck to you /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
01-18-2003, 11:27 PM
Tap, Tap, Tap. Very well put.

C.C.

silverbullet
01-19-2003, 11:03 AM
John,

Thanks very much for well put wisdom. Everything you said sounds exactly right.

Laura (bw)