PDA

View Full Version : PREDATOR "2"

01-17-2003, 02:42 PM
I am thinking of getting the Predator "2" cue...I actually like the way the butt looks...(simple, but I like the silver butt capp).

I would like to know if anyone has hit this cue...How does it play....Is it similar to the hit of a schon???
I had a Schon...(It just got stolen from my house)
I don't want to get another "fancey inlay" cue... I just want a solid hit with a shaft a tad on the stiff side.

Any opinions on this cue?????

SpiderMan
01-17-2003, 02:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Richard Cranium:</font><hr> I am thinking of getting the Predator "2" cue...I actually like the way the butt looks...(simple, but I like the silver butt capp).

I would like to know if anyone has hit this cue...How does it play....Is it similar to the hit of a schon???
I had a Schon...(It just got stolen from my house)
I don't want to get another "fancey inlay" cue... I just want a solid hit with a shaft a tad on the stiff side.

Any opinions on this cue????? <hr /></blockquote>

Richard,

You'd better try one before you buy. If you're correct in what you say you like, the predator won't cut it. It feels more like "a tad on the flexible side". No, it doesn't feel much like a Schon, but (to me) more like a Meucci. That's neither good nor bad, just the way it is. I shot with ChopStick's P2 for a game or so and I liked it.

SpiderMan

dg-in-centralpa
01-17-2003, 04:57 PM
I have not played with a new Predator so I can't say how good it is but I have an old Predator from 1998-1999 and I love it.I think the hit is stiff. I have an older Meucci and the shafts would flex and vibrate with every hit, so much that I bought a Predator shaft for it. The Predator is definitely not like a Schon. Best of Luck!

WaltVA
01-17-2003, 09:53 PM
I haven't had any experience with the P2, but I would second Spiderman's suggestion to try before you buy.

I had played with a succession of Schons for about 10 years, then decided in 1999 to get a Predator LE-7 without trying more than a couple of balls with a friend's Pred shaft on his Schon.

I played with the LE-7 about a month but could never get used to it. It's hard to describe, but the touch and feedback just weren't there, especially on the delicate shots. I went back to the Schon with a 12.5mm Schon shaft and everything went back to normal - now I use the Pred for a break stick.

Again, this is JMHO and not directly about the P2, but I would sure try it first -

Walt in VA

01-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the info... I have hit a few older predators...I really like the way they feel on a Schon butt...hit pretty much the same as my origional Schon shaft... I think what draws me to it is the taper of the shaft It fits my hand well...

I have hit some of the Predator Butts that were really bad, and others that hit very well...I did an experiment and switched the shafts on the two different predator butts and found it was still the same....(I am pretty sure it is in the way the cues are weighted in the Butt...One was (whet I call) "Butt Heavy" the other was more balanced throughout the butt of the cue (more like the SCHON)

I am hoping that the PREDATOR 2 is more balanced in the BUTT END of the cue...if it is I am sure I will like the cue. I might be misleading by saying I like the shaft to be a tad on the stiff side...I don't want it stiff as a board, but I can handle some flex in the shaft, I just don't want it to feel like there is a ton of deflection in the cue ball...(does this make sense)

How balanced was that Predator 2 cue you used????? Was it BUTT HEAVY or evenly balanced...(of course with the shaft on)

01-20-2003, 03:51 AM
I've had a Predator-2 for almost a year now and it has made a definate improvement in my game. I previously had a Meucci Power Piston-3. At first I was using them both, but had to finally put the Meucci aside because of the different feels. I thought I really screwed up by buying the Predator-2 but discovered you really have to be patient with the Predator at first because of the way it shoots. It's truly a unique stick. I'm not sure if a single trial use of the Predator-2 will convince you of its uiqueness. I also like the lack of "flash" of the butt. The plainer the better - doesn't draw attention unless you want it to. Good luck . . .